About WFP :
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
Why Intern in WFP :
*You will learn about WFP and its culture through real-life work experience and exposure to various job roles. We will provide you relevant on the- job training and feedback to kick-start your professional career. Through this experience, you will develop new skills and make new connections that very well might provide professional references for you someday.
*You will have clear job responsibilities and live the experience of being a WFP employee.
*You will work with professional teams and receive formal training and ongoing coaching.
*You will get the chance to enrich your skills and work with people from 30+ nationalities.
Job Purpose :
The Partnerships unit provides tailored support that helps senior management attract policy support, resources, technical assistance and innovative solutions that advance the work of WFP and support member states in the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (including Zero Hunger).
Key Accountabilities (not all-inclusive) :
Under the supervision of the External Partnership Officer/team leader and in close consultation with the Private Sector Partnership Officer, the incumbent will perform the following duties:
1. Conduct desk research and mapping of opportunities, based on internal and external materials to support the External and Private sector teams to better engage with partners;
2. Research current affairs and monitor media updates for relevant for partnership engagement, producing key updates and analysis to support decision-making, such as following the activities of IFIs, UN agencies, Private Sector entities, other multilateral bodies, and governments, taking note of the potential impact on WFP activities and programmes;
3. Support knowledge and information management, devise a system to manage and streamline the information flow within the team, building on existing systems to update/create a central repository of corporate agreements and other important documents;
4. Support preparation of advocacy materials, highlighting WFP’s value proposition to our current and potential External and Private sector partners;
5. Compile relevant briefing materials, for external and internal discussions and communications;
6. Support data management on SalesForce, such as creating accounts and opportunities, and maintaining contacts for stakeholder relationship management;
7. Assist with CO engagements and proposal drafting’
8. Perform any other duties related to the work of the Partnerships office, as requested by the Head of Unit and/or the Partnership Officers.
Standard Minimum Qualifications :
Currently enrolled in graduate-level courses or recent graduates (within 6 months of graduation) from a Bachelor’s or Master’s program.
Preferred field of study : International Relations, Political Studies, Business Administration, Communications, Marketing or relevant field
Knowledge & Skills :
The incumbent should have the following skills and experience:
• Passionate about WFP’s mission and core values;
• Motivated, team player with a solutions-oriented mindset;
• Strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills;
• Ability to think, plan, and execute on multiple projects simultaneously in an organized way;
• Adaptable to fast-changing circumstances, with the ability to propose actions independently and seek advice accordingly;
• Accountable for assigned responsibilities and tasks;
• Professional demeanor toward internal and external partners and stakeholders;
• Technology savvy; ability to think out-of-the-box and to come up with innovative ideas;
• Proactively seeks feedback and coaching to develop and improve individual performance;
• Strong team spirit to contribute to an inclusive working environment.
Additional Preferred Qualifications :
- Excellent writing ability, with strong analytical, organisation and structuring skills;
- Relevant prior experience in working with international organisations, particularly on the partnership, public relations, and business development an asset;
- Advanced working knowledge in the English language (proficiency/level C).
- Intermediate knowledge (intermediate/level B) of a second official language; Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and/or WFP’s working language.
Terms And Conditions :
- Internship Duration: 3 months with possibility of extension
- Interns receive a monthly stipend from WFP to cover basic subsistence costs.
- WFP is not responsible for living expenses, arrangements for accommodation, necessary visas, and related costs.
- Depending on the duty station of assignment, WFP will reimburse travel ticket for candidates who are nationals of developing countries and are pursuing their studies in their home country.
- WFP will recognize candidates’ educational credentials from recognised institutions that have been certified by competent international or national authorities such as the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) or Ministries of Education;
Deadline For Applications :
Deadline for submitting applications: 12 September 2020
And for more events visit our Facebook page : https://www.facebook.com/theknowledgesteez/