Call for Papers:
Mar Gregorios College of Law (MGCL), invites original and unpublished manuscripts on contemporary issues pertaining to law for publication in the inaugural edition of its annual EJournal “MGCL Law Review”.
About MGCL and MGCLLR Mar Gregorios College of Law (MGCL) is established by the Major Archdiocese of the Malankara Syrian Catholic Church in the year 2012 at the initiative and with the blessings of His Beatitude Moran Mor Baselios Cardinal Cleemis, Major Archbishop – Catholicos of Trivandrum who is the Patron of the college. The college is dedicated to the venerable memory of Archbishop Benedict Mar Gregorios of Revered memory, who was a great spiritual leader and an educationist par excellence. This college which provides for both post-graduate and
under-graduate programmes in law affiliated to University of Kerala and recognized by the Bar Council of India, is located on a sprawling verdant campus, “Mar Ivanios Vidyanagar”, at Nalanchira in Trivandrum. MGCL, as a centre of excellence in legal education aims to integrate legal knowledge, skills and ethics through its rigorous academic activities and innovative teaching methods. Mar Gregorios College of Law has been conferred with SILFMILAT National Institutional Excellence Award 2017 by Society of Indian Law Firms (SILF) and Menon Institute of Legal and Advocacy Training (MILAT) on the Law Teachers Day. As a token of appreciation for the significant contribution made by Padma Bushan Prof. N.R Madhava Menon to the advancement of legal education in India, the management of Mar Gregorios College of Law started a Centre of Post Graduate Studies and Research in 2018.
The MGCL Law Review (MGCLLR) is a double-blind peer-reviewed Law Journal of the College. The Journal is a research initiative of the College, addressing the contemporary socio-legal issues world over. It is a forum for knowledge sharing and for building research in the field of Law amongst the research scholars, practitioners and academics. The Editorial Board
is pleased to invite submissions for its Inaugural Issue (Issue to be published in January 2021).
The E-Journal accept submissions under the following categories:
- Articles of length 5000 to 10000 words (exclusive of footnotes; however, speaking
- footnotes must be limited to 50 words); articles exceeding the word limit may be considered on merit.
- Short Notes (between 1500 and 5000 words)
- Case Comments (minimum of 1500 words)
- Longer submissions may be considered on the basis of merit.
- Submissions are to be made only in electronic form and must be sent to email@example.com
- Submissions are accepted on a rolling basis; If we receive more articles of repute two issues will be published.
- The date for first submission is 24th November 2020, while the cut-off for the second ubmission is 21st December of February, 2020. All submissions after the date shall not be considered.
- The articles should have an abstract, of not more than 250 words, with keywords.
- Authors should submit an undertaking that the article is an original work and has not been submitted, accepted or published elsewhere.
- Plagiarism will result in summary rejection of the submission.
- Co-authorship is allowed for a maximum of two authors.
- All submissions must follow the Bluebook (20th Edition) style of citation; nonconformity will be a ground for rejection.
- Submissions must be in Times New Roman font, with size 12 and line spacing 1.5.
- All footnotes must be in Times New Roman font, with size 10 and line spacing 1.
- Submissions must be made in .doc/.docx formats only.
- Receipt of submission will be intimated to the authors within 10 days of submission.
- The authors will be periodically updated on the status of the review of their piece.
- The submissions have to be sent to the mail id firstname.lastname@example.org
Last date for submission: 15th December 2020
Date of Publication: January 2021
For details visit the website: www.mgcl.ac.in