About the Opportunity
Modi Law College, Kota is organizing an Inter College Legal Debate Competition to be held on January 9th and 10th, 2021.
About the Organizer
Modi Law College, Kota Rajasthan (Autonomous), a professional college functioning under the aegis of Modi Group of Educational Institutions-SRD Modi Vidya Niketan Society which has long been associated in field of Education since 1986 and Since its inception it is striving to search for innovative method in imparting legal education. It has been able to establish itself as one of the best institutes for higher education. The college is recognized by Bar Council of India.
The Modi law college, kota supports the idea that any law student aspiring to be a citizen who can contribute in society should not only be informed but also be aware of all the things that gradually shape our society .
The idea of any liberal society presupposes the idea that the deliberation, dissent and discussion can happen healthily among people.
The college is happy to host it’s first national debate competition on 9-10 January 2021 for undergarduate law students
The rules of debate competition are:
- That the competition is open for Undergraduate law students only.
- There shall be only 2 teams from one participant college
- The team shall comprise of only 2 speakers one for favor and other against the topic.
- That there shall be 4 rounds of debate competition :Prelims , quater finals,Semi Finals and finals
- The whole team shall qualify for the next round on the basis of the sum total of the score of both participants from one team.
- That there shall be different topics for each round in the debate competition.
- The participating college shall not be allowed to change participants for different rounds or interchange participants of different teams nor the participants will be allowed to change their side from for to against in different rounds and vice-versa.
- The registration form is required to be sent by approval of the college coordinator by writing the name of faculty and contact details.
The detailed rules along with the Invitation and registration form can be downloaded from here.
- Prelims: The Farmers bill is detrimental to the interests of farmers.
- Quarters: One nation one election is not necessary for India.
- Semis: NRC is not necessary for India.
- Finals: The state’s regulation of religious rights should be minimal.
The registration fee is 200 INR
- Cash prizes: Upto 8,000 INR
- Mode: Virtual
- Last Date of Registration: 25 December 2020
- Adv. Shubham Maheshwari (Organizer): +917023933332
- Shardiya Singh (Faculty Coordinator): +918005879279
- e-Mail: MLClegaldebtae@gmail.com