The Literary & Debating society of the School of Law, Sharda University is calling for research papers relevant to the current issue of the Farm Bill and the protest of the farmers.
About the Society
The Literary & Debating society of the School of Law, Sharda University was officially constituted on the 25th of September 2019. The LDS aims at providing a platform for students to grow in a wholesome manner and express themselves through literature, art, and debate.
About the Event
The LDS call upon the legal professionals, academicians, practitioners, research scholars, administrators, students, social activists, and the representatives of governmental and non-governmental organizations to present their research papers relevant to the below-mentioned themes:
- Farm Bills 2020: Pro or Anti Farmers’ Rights?
- One India, One Agricultural Market
- Challenges to the Minimum Support Price, Public Procurement and Public Distribution Systems
- Farm Bills 2020 and Human Rights
- State and Non-State Actors as guardians of Farming values and human rights
The above themes are indicative and the author can send the article on any topic related to the broad theme of the seminar.
- To critically understand the New Farmers’ Bills
- To understand the role of the Judiciary in the present situation
- To Discuss the pros & cons of the new bills
- To Provide insights to students, academicians, etc. on the long term and ground-level impacts of the recent amendments
- The abstract should be a maximum of 250 words indicating the theme of the proposed research with five relevant keywords. The research paper should be strictly thematic.
- The paper must consist of a minimum of 2500 words and a maximum of 6000 words excluding references and footnotes (Descriptive footnotes and substantive text in the footnotes is not permitted).
- Footnotes must follow The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation (Harvard, 19th Edition/Indian Law Institute Citation).
- Abstract and Full paper is to be submitted in soft copy in MS-Word format (Times New Roman, font size 14 for the heading, 12 for the text, and 10 for the footnotes with 1.5 spacing for the text and 1.0 spacing for the footnotes).
- A separate MS-Word File should be submitted containing the article title, followed by Author’s Name, Co-author’s Name (if any) affiliation, communication address, email, and phone details.
- Submission of a declaration stating that the work is original and bonafide.
- Only one co-author is permitted.
- Footnotes must follow any Uniform System of Citation (Harvard,19th Edition/ Indian Law Institute Citation, etc.)
- Hon’ble Shri P.K. Gupta, Chancellor, Sharda University
- Hon’ble Shri Y. K. Gupta, Pro-Chancellor, Sharda University
- Sh. P.K. Malhotra, Former Secretary, Ministry of Law and Justice.
- Prof. (Dr.) Pradeep Kulshrestha, Dean, School of Law, Sharda University.
- Dr. Ritu Gautam, Assistant Professor, School of Law, Sharda University (Co-Convener)
- Ms. Divyasheel Tripathi, Assistant Professor, School of Law, Sharda University (Co-Convener)
- Abhyuday Dhasmana, 4th Year, Student Convener
- Soma Singh, 4th Year, School of Law, Student Co-Convener
- Kumar Chinmay, 4th Year, BBA LL.B
- Bhavya Gupta, 3rd Year, BA LL.B
- Deeksha Kulshresth, 3rd Year, BA LL.B
- Ayush Patle, 3rd Year, BA LL.B
- Mayank Raj, 3rd Year, BA LL.B
- Utsav Misra, 3rd Year, BA LL.B
- Vaibhavi Mishra, 2nd Year, BA LL.B
- Deepak Seelam Reddy, 2nd Year, BBA LL.B
Registration & Submission Details
Participants should submit the Abstract by 20 January and full paper latest by 30 January 2021 along with the requisite fee to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Professionals/Advocates & Academicians: Rs. 100/-
- Students & Research Scholars: Rs. 50/-
Name of Account Holder: Sharda University School Of Law
Account Number: 912010034705440
IFSC Code: UTIB0000624
Bank Name & Address: Axis Bank Ltd., Alpha Commercial Belt Greater Noida
Email ID: literary.debatingsociety[at]sharda.ac.in
- Last Date for Abstract Submission & Registration: 20 January, 2021.
- The Last date for submission of Full Paper: 30 January 2021
Schedule of Seminar & prize distribution ceremony shall be shared with attendees/participants via mail.
Prizes and Awards
- Best Article Winner: Certificate & Rs. 5000/-Cash Prize
- Runner Up: Certificate & Rs. 2000/-Cash Prize
- Certificates of merit to 5 best participants. Other participants/attendees shall be awarded an E-Certificate for Participation and Attendance