V. M. Salgaocar College of Law, Goa (vmslaw.edu.in) invites contributions to SALGAOCAR LAW REVIEW, Volume VI, 2020 (ISSN 2395-7263) from academicians, lawyers and research students.
SALGAOCAR LAW REVIEW is a blind peer reviewed annual law journal, published from 2015 onwards and includes Original Research Articles, Essays, Case Comments, Legislative Comments and Book Review. The purpose of the publication is to encourage quality legal research and intellectual perceptions and continuing deliberations on a broad spectrum of contemporary legal issues. As an institution we consider it our avowed mission to further the cause of excellence in legal education in pursuance of justice and service to humanity, also through legal research and publication.
Please refer to the Guidelines below.
CONTRIBUTORS – Academicians, lawyers and research students.
CATEGORY – Original Research Articles, Essays, Case Comments, Legislative Comments and Book Review.
THEME – Open, but of contemporary legal significance
WORD LIMIT (including footnotes)
Long Articles 8000-10000
Short Articles 4000-8000
Essays 2000 – 4000
Comments (Case/Legislative) 1500-3000
⎯ All submissions must be in the Microsoft word Format with one inch margin on all sides.
⎯ the text must be in Times New Roman with font size 12 and line spacing of 1.5.
⎯ Footnotes must be in Times New Roman, font size 10 with single line spacing
⎯ Citations must conform to the Bluebook
- All submissions must be original and unpublished work of the author/s and should not have been submitted, accepted or published elsewhere.
- Co-authorship is allowed (maximum of 2 authors).
- Articles will pass through blind peer review and acceptance will be subject to the report of the peer review team.
- Articles found plagiarized will be summarily rejected.
- Submit the soft copy of your manuscript along with a covering letter
- The covering letter must contain the following details.
- Title of the paper, category (specify if it is Article/Essay/Case Comment/ Legislative Comment/ Book Review)
- Name of the author/s, occupation, designation & name of the institution, email id, mobile phone no and contact address.
- Kindly note that to keep confidentiality for peer review, these details shall only be mentioned in the cover page and nowhere else in the paper.
- Submission of abstract (of 300 words with key words) and full paper to be emailed to email@example.com within the specified date.
Dates for submission:
- February 1, 2021 Abstract Submission
- February 5, 2021 Communication of acceptance status of abstract
- March 15, 2021 Submission of full paper
- March 30, 2021 Communication of acceptance status of full paper
- April 5, 2021 Communication of recommendations/suggestions of peer review
- April 15, 2021 Submission of paper with changes, suggested, if any
Note: The published article shall remain the property of the college and shall not be used by anyone without the consent of the college.
For any assistance during the submission and publication process, contact Dr.Sandhya Ram, Editor, Salgaocar Law Review (2020-21) firstname.lastname@example.org, 9823994865(M).