About MPLC, Aurnagabad
Manikchand Pahade Law College is situated in Aurangabad and is the oldest law college in the Marathwada region. The college is accredited by NAAC with an A in the year 2013.
About the Moot
Marathwada Legal & General Education Society’s Manikchand Pahade Law College, Aurangabad, Maharashtra invites all Law Colleges/Law Schools/Law Universities/ Law Institutes to participate in our XXI National Moot Court Competition to be held virtually on 27th-28th February 2021.
Considering COVID-19 pandemic situations, this year the Competition shall be held online through video-conferencing on Zoom Platform.
Competition is restricted to bonafide undergraduate regular students of Law School / College/ University and must be students of either from LL.B. 3 years or 5 years degree course.
- Each team shall comprise of 2 (Two) participants only (Mooter 1 & Mooter 2) and should not be less or more than 2 participants. (This year no provision for Researcher)
- Only one team can register from a particular Law School / College/ University.
- The dress code shall be as prescribed for Advocates.
- The home team will be eligible for competing in this competition as the moot problems have been framed by others.
- The language of the competition shall be English only.
- There shall be 2 different problems for the Preliminary & Final rounds of the Competition.
- All the Participating teams shall have to submit soft copies & hard copies of their memorials of both rounds in due time & non-compliance with it shall disqualify the team.
The teams & participants shall be awarded cash prizes along with trophies as follows.
- Winner Team cash prize of Rs. 7000/- from college and Late Adv. Shri. Sudhakarrao Deshmukh Trophy.
- Runner up Team cash prize of Rs. 5000/- from college and Late Adv. Shri. Sudhakarrao Deshmukh Trophy.
Individual Prizes & Trophies.
- Late Adv. Shri L. N. Sirsamkar- Best Petitioner from final round cash prize of Rs. 2000/- and Trophy.
- Best Respondent from final round cash prize of Rs. 2000/- and Trophy from college.
- Late Adv. Shri. Sudhakarrao Deshmukh Trophy for Best Mooter in both rounds.
- Ghate Foundation, Aurangabad – Best Mooter Trophy for Preliminary Round.
- Best Memorial Prize for Final Round
NOTE: Cash prizes shall be paid through RTGS/NEFT and Trophies shall be distributed in Prize Distribution ceremony to be held shortly as COVID 19 conditions permits. The winner Teams / Mooters will be invited for the same
- Submission of online registration form: 15th January 2021
- Submission of soft copies of memorials: 10th February 2021
- Submission of hard copies of memorials: 15th February 2021 along with Compendium, if any
- Date of Preliminary Round: 27th February 2021
- Date of Final Round: 28th February 2021
- Miss. Akanksha Tiwari: 8770140909
- Miss. Prashasti Shrivastava: 7905223613
- Prof. A. D. Jadhav: 9970449376
- Prof. S. N. Morey: 9325228041
- Dr. A.N. Kottapalle: 9923412234
- Prof. D. B. Kolte: 9423160612