The International Virtual Conference on ‘Sports and Law’ seeks to bring experts from all across the globe in the field of Sports and Law to one platform for a fruitful legal academic discourse on analyzing the need for lucid legal provisions pertaining to sports in India.
The conference aims to promote discussions that reflect a need to look at sports not as a frivolous means to enjoy oneself, but as the golden ticket for the Indian economy and an industry that promises great dividends for players and administrators alike. Also, there is a need to utilize the youth in uplifting sports in the country and the enthusiasm of the masses for it can be channelized in an optimum manner to involve them in running sports in the country.
United Nations has framed conventions related to physical education, sports, countering doping and discrimination in sports and India has a long way to go as it does not have a comprehensive law to deal with issues arising out of various sports. In view of this, India has a long way to go as it does not have a comprehensive law to deal with issues arising out of various sports. There is a need to look at sports not as a frivolous means to enjoy oneself, but as the golden ticket for the Indian economy and an industry that promises great dividends for players and administrators alike. Also, there is a need to utilize the youth in uplifting sports in the country and the enthusiasm of the masses for it can be channelized in an optimum manner to involve them in running sports in the country. Sports Law is not a concept that has just begun its march towards prominence. It started gaining momentum with the commercialization of sports.
Thus, it is an effort on behalf of the Institute of Law, Nirma University, Ahmedabad to bring before the legal academia the matters associated with the niche domain and put forth the experts from all across the globe in the field of Sports and Law to one platform for a fruitful legal academic discourse.
The conference is open for law students, academicians, practitioners, athletes, researchers, and coaches etc. This conference is an opportunity if you are inclined to know the laws that regulate the domain of Sports in India.
THEME: ‘Sports and Law’
1. Sports Governance
2. Sports Contract
3. Sports Doping
4. Sports and Insurance
5. Sports Broadcasting
6. Sports Endorsement
7. Sports and IPR
8. Online Sports and E-Gaming
(This list is not exhaustive in nature)
1. Joint authorship is permitted to a maximum of two authors. However, both authors need to register separately. At least one author must attend the conference to present the paper.
2. Submissions are to be made in electronic form only and are to be sent to in email@example.com
3. A cover letter mentioning the Name of the Author(s), Professional Position/ Course/Year of Study (as applicable), Name of the Institution/College/University, Postal Address, Email Address and Contact Number must be submitted with the paper as well.
4. The full paper must not exceed a maximum of 5000 words (excluding footnotes/endnotes/annexure/reports etc.).
5. The main text should be in Times New Roman with font size 12 and line spacing of 1.5. The footnotes should be in Times New Roman, font size 10 with spacing of 1.0.
6. One-inch margins should be maintained on all four sides.
7. Citation Style: Bluebook, 20th Edition
8. Full paper has to be submitted in soft copy in both PDF and MS Word.
9. Maximum two (02) authors are permitted in one paper. However, both authors are required to pay the individual registration fee.
10. All submitted papers will be compiled in the form of a Book with ISBN, you may send your ‘Abstract’ aligned to the Theme and Sub-Theme mentioned above and which must contain the following details:
a) Title of the paper
b) Sub-Theme (under which the paper is submitted)
c) Name of the author/s
d) Designation/ Profession
e) Name of Institutional affiliation
f) E-mail address
g) Contact details
11. The abstract should not exceed 500 words inclusive of the keywords.
12. Only original unpublished work is sought. Any proposal submitted to present identical or substantially similar work already published or under review for any other publication will not be considered.
· Last Date of Registration: 28th February, 2021
· Last Date of Submission of Abstract: 28th February, 2021
· Announcement of Selection of Abstract: 2nd March, 2021
· Dates of the Conference: 5th-6th March, 2021
· Last Date of Submission of Paper: 30th March, 2021
· Last Date of Submission of Paper after incorporation of Suggestions: 25th April, 2021
CERTIFICATES AND AWARDS
· E-certificates of participation will be provided to all the registered participants.
· E-certificates of presentation will be provided to all the paper presenters.
· Best papers will be rewarded and there shall be three papers selected by a renowned pool of expert reviewers who shall be awarded with Best Paper Award (10,000/-), Second Best Paper Award (5,000/-) and Third Best Paper Award (3,000/-) along with award certificates.
· Dr. Bishwa Kalyan Dash, Asst. Prof., ILNU: firstname.lastname@example.org
· Alaukik Shrivastava, Asst. Prof., ILNU: email@example.com
· Misha Sharma: +91-7023743739 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
· Abhishek Sadhwani: +91-9925975821 (email@example.com)
For the poster of the event click here
For the brochure click here