ONE DAY E- INTERNATIONAL SEMINAR
EMERGING TRENDS OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
DATE: 17TH APRIL, 2021
LAW MANTRA TRUST
THE INDIAN LAW INSTITUTE, NEW DELHI
CHANAKYA NATIONAL LAW UNIVERSITY (CNLU), PATNA
RAJIV GANDHI NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF LAW, PUNJAB
MAHARASHTRA NATIONAL LAW UNIVERSITY, NAGPUR
About Law Mantra Trust: “Law Mantra” (headquarters New Delhi) (Registration No 150 in Book No.4 Vol No 3, 603 0f 2018) is not for profit organisation running for the purpose of enhancing legal academics and legal awareness in the society and in the practice of the same. Law Mantra is a registered society under the Indian Trust Act, 1882 whose members are leaders and members from the legal fraternity, other professions with a nexus to conflict resolution, academics and experts from various fields who are committed to resolve conflicts and disputes using innovative mechanisms and methods such as Mediation, Conciliation, Negotiations and Arbitration. Law Mantra is a body of Jurists, Advocates, Academicians and Students running for the purpose of enhancing legal academics and legal awareness in the society and in the practice of the same.
About The Indian Law Institue, New Delhi: The Indian Law Institute [ILI] – set up on 27th December, 1956 is an International Centre for advanced socio-legal research and has done significant work in the field of legal research, education and training. It has made notable contribution in the legal arena. Besides performing important advisory role in fostering the empirical research and making law as an instrument of social engineering, it undertakes research on current legal issues. The Institute is an autonomous body registered under the Societies Registration Act XXI of 1860 No. S. 1049 of 1956-57. It was formally inaugurated by the first President of India Dr. Rajendra Prasad on December 12, 1957 at the Central Hall of Parliament, New Delhi in the presence of the first Prime Minister of India Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru, Hon’ble Mr. Justice S.R. Das, the then Chief Justice of India and late Dr. K.M. Munshi the then Executive Chairman of the Institute and Prof. L.R. Siva Subramanian the then Dean, Law Faculty of Delhi University. Pt. Nehru welcomed the formation of the Institute as necessary and important and said that he would take the liberty to pay tribute and homage to the law and the men of the law and further remarked that he had no doubt that the Institute would perform an essential task in the development of a welfare state.
About Chanakya National Law University (CNLU), Panta : Chanakya National Law University (CNLU) is a public law school and a National Law University in Patna, Bihar, India. It was established in 2006 by the Government of Bihar (Bihar Act 24 of 2006) as a public university dedicated to the field of legal education. The Chief Justice of Patna High Court is the ex officio chancellor of the university. It is one of the autonomous law schools in India.
About Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab: Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law (RGNUL), is a public law school and a National Law University located in Patiala, Punjab, India. It was established in 2006 by the Punjab Government (Punjab Act No. 12 of 2006) as a university dedicated to the field of Legal Education. RGNUL offers a 5-year B.A. LL.B (Honours) programme and a 1-year LL.M. with an intake of 196 seats per annum and 40 seats per annum, respectively. Admission to these programmes is through Common Law Admission Test (CLAT). Ph.D programmes are also offered. Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law was ranked 13 among law colleges in 2019 by The Week., The National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) ranked it 10 among law colleges in 2020.
About Maharashtra National Law University, Nagpur: Maharashtra National Law University Nagpur (MNLU) (also known as National Law University, Nagpur or NLU Nagpur) is a National Law University and a public law institution established by the government through a public enactment as the Maharashtra National Law University Act (Maharashtra Act No. VI of 2014). The university is the 19th National Law University established in India and is located in the Orange City of Nagpur, Maharashtra. The Chief Justice of India serves as the Head of the institution.
DPIIT-IPR Chair, Maharashtra National Law University, Nagpur: The Centre for Intellectual Property Rights was established by the Maharashtra National University, Nagpur in the 2017, for justifying Intellectual Property rights of an individual and at the same time keeping balance of public right to access to such Intellectual Property. The nature of Intellectual property is pluralistic and thus it needs special protection. The main objective of protecting intellectual property is to ensure development of society. While keeping this societal interest in focus, it is necessary to protect individual interest and henceforth intellectual property rights of an individual is protected. The centre aims to create an awareness of intellectual property rights and to discuss the upcoming issues relating to the Intellectual Property, which will be helpful for the government in making policies relating to Intellectual Property.
To provide a platform for stake holder like organizations working in international and national level, legislatures, civil societies, researchers, practitioners, academicians, activists and policy makers to deliberate and discuss on what is required to build strategies and to address the constraints in inclusive practices towards betterment of the society.
The Organizing Committee welcomes original papers, relating to, but not limited to the following topics:
- Current emerging trends in Intellectual Property Regime;
- Intellectual Property challenges in the field of pharmaceuticals;
- Intellectual Property and Sustainable Development;
- Protection of Geographical Indication and Traditional Knowledge;
- Procedural & Registration Aspect of Trade Marks;
- Interface between IPR & Competition Law;
- Geographical Indication & Protection of Traditional Knowledge;
- Abuse of Dominant Position;
- Copyright & Fair Use;
- Law relating to Copyright and the Entertainment Industry;
- Geographical Indication and Protection of Traditional Knowledge;
- Intellectual Property challenges in the field of agriculture and pharmaceuticals;
- Challenges of Enforcement of Protection of Copyright Laws in the Digital Era;
- The interface between Designs and Copyright Laws.
Note: These themes are not exhaustive; Authors are open to work on any topic related to above-mentioned theme.
Procedure for Submission of Abstracts:
- Abstract (of about 250 words) should be sent as an attachment in a word file. Abstracts will be peer reviewed before they are accepted.
- The following information, in the given format, should be send along with the Abstract:
- Name of the Participant, Official Designation/Institution Details, Address and Email id, Title of Abstract
- Submit your abstract to email@example.com
Guidelines for Paper Submission:
- The title of the paper should be followed by Name, Designation, Name of the Organization / University / Institution and Email address. It is mandatory to mention Email address, as all future correspondence will be through it;
- Name and details of Co-author, if any;
- Chapter: Chapter should be in Times New Roman 12 point font and double spaced. Main Title should be in full capitals, bold and centered 12 point font. Sub-titles should be in sentence case, bold and 12 point font. Author’s names should be in small capitals and centered 12 point font Footnotes should be in Times New Roman 12 point font;
- Citation Format: Please use footnotes rather than endnotes. Footnotes should conform to The Indian Law Institute, New Delhi Style;
- Submission of the abstract: A covering letter with the name(s) of the author(s) and address, designation, institution/affiliation, the title of the manuscript and contact information (email, phone, etc.) is compulsory to submit. All submissions must contain an abstract of not more than 300 words with 5 Minimum Keywords;
- Originality of Manuscripts: All the contributions should be the original work of the contributors and should not have been submitted for consideration in any other Publication. Any plagiarized work will be out-rightly rejected;
- Copyright: The contributions presented to and accepted for publication and the copyrights therein shall be the Intellectual Property of Law Mantra;
- The title of the Chapter should be followed by Name, Designation, Name of the Organization / University / Institution and Email address. It is mandatory to mention Email address, as all future correspondence will be through it;
- Name and details of Co-author, if any;
- The paper should be typed in MS WORD format (preferably 2007 or 2010);
- The paper must be in single column lay out with margins justified on both sides;
- The length of paper should not be below 4,000 words (including footnotes) and Should not Exceed more than 10,000 (Including Footnotes).
Selected will be published in book bearing ISBN, International Journal of Legal Research and Governance (Print Journal) bearing ISSN and Law Mantra Journal. (If Paper will Selected for Publication in Book bearing ISBN, Contributor have to Contact Publisher and will have to pay charge if any one wishes to procure Hard Copy of Book as per bill raised by Publisher ).
REGISTRATION FEE FOR PRESENTATION OF PAPER NATIONAL PARTICIPANT
|Faculty/Professional/Research Scholar/Other||Rs 700/-|
Both Author and Co-Author have to register seperately.
REGISTRATION FEE FOR PRESENTATION OF PAPER INTERNATIONAL PARTICIPANT
|Submission of Abstract||25th March|
|Confirmation of Abstract Selection||27th March|
|Submission of Draft Paper (Proposed Paper)||14th April|
|Seminar Date||17th April|
|Submission of Final Paper||2nd June, 2021|
|Publication of Selected Paper||By March, 2022|
Who Should Attend?: Students, Research Scholars/Faculties/Academicians, Corporate Delegates, Business entities, Lawyers.
Rules for the Presentation:
- No abstract or full paper shall be accepted after the last date of submission respectively;
- Participants/Paper Presenters have to register after the acceptance of abstract with payment of required fees;
- For participation, registration is mandatory on confirmation of the participation. Only registered participants will be allowed to take part in Conference;
- All the registered participants will be provided a participation certificate;
- Event will be hosted through Google Meet/Cisco-Webex;
- Technical Session will be organized through Google Meet/Cisco-Webex or any other Online Platform.
HELPLINE:+91-9310053923 (Law Mantra Office)
TO REGISTER AS ATTENDEE CLICKHERE
For More Details Visit: http://www.lawmantra.org/event/