The Indian Institute for Human Settlements (IIHS) is a national education institution committed to the equitable, sustainable, and efficient transformation of Indian settlements. It is established in Bangalore, Karnataka.
Activities and Tasks
Responsibilities would include, but not be limited to, the following:
Legal Support (Primary)
- Assisting with legal and regulatory matters;
- Contract drafting and contract management;
- Transactional advisory and drafting, preferably with experience of:
- matters pertaining to the ‘not for profit’ sector;
- procurement and tendering;
- construction contracts (Works, Design-Build, PPP models);
- transactional elements of IPR related matters;
- Providing documentation support;
- Institutional process drafting;
- Assisting with legal advisory, memos and opinion writing, litigation proceedings, and related support as applicable;
- Undertaking legal and regulatory due diligence
- Assisting with research and academic work on aspects of urban law and policy, as relevant to IIHS;
- Providing support to other IIHS activities including academics, research, training, practice, operations and others;
- Participating in all activities of Institution-Building at IIHS; carrying out tasks as assigned.
Structure and Reporting
The Senior Associate – Legal & Regulation will report to the Head – Legal & Regulation or persons designated by the Head – Legal & Regulation at IIHS, and will collaborate effectively with a diverse group of internal teams and external individuals/organizations, and students.
Requirements for the Role
We are looking for a competent and efficient lawyer with a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Law and at least 5 years of work experience in relevant areas, including preferably, the experience of dealing with legal and regulatory issues in the not-for-profit sector.
Other Qualifications Required
- Excellent analytical skills and a high degree of proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Excellent communication skills in written English;
- Good communication skills and fluency in Hindi/Kannada (written and spoken);
- Ability to undertake rigorous research on contracts, labor law, taxation law, privacy/data protection legislation, case law, institutional structures, and relevant legislative matters, with pronounced evidence of strong drafting and transactional skills;
- Ability to understand the law in contexts and propose iterative solutions;
- Ability to assist with litigation related matters;
- Ability to work in a highly interdisciplinary team and under strict and frequent deadlines;
- Professional experience in dealing with Government agencies/entities.
The search will remain open until the position is filled.
This position is based in Delhi or Bengaluru and may entail travel to other locations in India.
Please write to at hr[at]iihs.co.in if you need any clarifications while filling the online application form.
Click here for the official job listing.