ADR HOC (A Unit of Knowledge SteezEduHub LLP in collaboration with “Law, digital technologies, and Alternate Dispute Resolution (L. ADR&DT): International and Comparative Perspective” Research Group, Brazil’ organizes International Conference on“ADR & Technology”
16th May, 2021
About ADR HOC
Alternate Dispute Resolution mechanisms have gained momentum in the past few decades and are also the need of the hour specially in the times of this pandemic. Hence there is a need to promote ADR mechanisms and also to impart training to various stakeholders as well as law students. With that in mind, ADR HOC was established in August, 2020 as a unit of Knowledge SteezEduHub LLP.
The mission of ADR HOC is to promote Alternative Dispute Resolution modes, to undertake research in the field of ADR, to train the stakeholders in the field of ADR as well as training of law students for pursuing career in ADR and organizing and promoting various competitions and activities in field of ADR. We are a one stop platform for legal professionals, academicians, law students and anyone who is interested to learn about ADR.We have organizednumerous conferences, webinars and panel discussions on crucial topics and many more events are planned for the upcoming months.
ABOUT THE CONFERENCE
Being the first international conference organized by the team of ADR HOC, this event is one of its kind. The conference will provide an opportunity to the participants to explore along and learn from the distinguished members that we have on our panel. This conference will be fruitful considering the challenges brought in by the pandemic that led to the increased use of technology. Not only the demand for technology in ADR is increased but also it has seen a sky rocketing surge in other spheres. With such continuous introduction of new cutting-edge technologies and its requirement in innumerable fields, India as a nation needs to be well prepared. Henceforth, this conference will play an important role in developing the understanding of the participants with the deviation in traditional method of ADR. It also aims to help various stakeholderin acquainting with the relevant and necessary facets of both ADR and Technology. This International Conference will be an enriching experience for participantsas it will eventually facilitate them in increasing their existing framework of knowledge and expand their horizon beyond general approach.
MAIN THEME OF THE CONFERENCE
The requirement of technology is no longer considered a choice in Dispute Resolution but is rather seen as a growing necessity. With the global outbreak of the pandemic, people across the globehave shifted to working from home. This has forced people to rely on technology even more. Technology has been successful in shaping the future and given the circumstances, Online Dispute Resolution has received major limelight. Authorities have many a times, shifted to using video-conferencing for settlement of disputes and given the pandemic, even the judiciary has adopted such mechanisms of undertaking proceedings. Online Dispute Resolution has been highly embraced post the closing down of tribunals and courts. With such rise in demand of technology, its impact, performance and consequences need to be explored and critically evaluated keeping all the factors in mind. Other than this, the resolution mechanism needs to be digitized with the most upgraded systems, networks and technical know-hows for effective delivery of justice without undue delay. Therefore, this will enable the learners to explore and delve deeper into a theme which has an extremely high possibility of becoming the new ‘normal’.
OBJECTIVES OF THE CONFERENCE
- To explore, analyze and understand the underlying concepts and factors that are relevant or otherwise, influence the theme.
- To evaluate the significant impact technology has on alternative dispute resolution and assess the consequences thereof.
- To formulate recommendations that might facilitate in bolstering the process of ADR with regards to technology.
- To introduce or otherwise, familiarize the learners with the basic facets of the theme and the idea emanating from it.
- To devise and deliberate upon possible solutions for the incongruities and loopholes that exist with respect to the theme.
SUB-THEMES OF THE CONFERENCE
(Note: The Sub-themes are suggestive and do not restrict or confine the scope)
1. PREVALENCE OF TECHNOLOGY IN ADR
Technology has already made in-roads into lot many facets of human life. Under this sub-theme, the authors are expected to discuss the already present use of technology in the dispute resolution process.
2. FUTURE SCOPE OF TECHNOLOGY IN ADR
In contrast to the above sub-theme, the authors are expected to envision the future potential use of technology in the dispute resolution process.
3. ADR AND ARTIFICALINTELLIGENCE
With the march of time technology has developed at an un-imaginable pace. Artificial intelligence represents the epitome of technological advancement in the 21st century. Under this theme, the authors are expected to discuss the potential use of AI and related technological developments in the dispute resolution process.
4. ROLE OF TECHNOLOGY IN ADR POST COVID-19 ERA
The COVID Pandemic has changed the world in which we live in. No walk of life has been spared untouched from its effects. The authors are expected to investigate the impetus received by technological interventions due to the COVID Pandemic, and its future consequences.
5.ROLE OF TECHNOLOGY IN INTERNATIONAL DISPUTE RESOLUTION
Under this sub-theme, the authors are expected to mention the various benefits contributed by technology in settlement of International or Cross-Border disputes in context of ADR.
6.EFFECTS OF SOCIAL MEDIA IN DISPUTE RESOLUTION
Social Media has been both – a boon and a bane. With the increasing influence of Social Media, information (or misinformation) dispensation has become easier than ever. In light of these developments, the authors are expected to investigate the role of social media in influencing the bargaining powers of the parties in Alternative Dispute mechanisms like negotiation, conciliation and mediation.
7.ROLE OF TECH-GIANTS IN DISPUTE RESOLUTION
Under this sub-theme, the authors are expected to research on the role to be played by tech-giant companies in developing technology that can be used in Dispute resolution process.
8.ETHICAL CONSIDERATIONS OF USING TECHNOLOGY IN ADR
Advancements of any sort do not only bring with them the benefits, but also certain pitfalls. Under this Sub-theme, the authors are expected to identify and discuss the potential downsides to the use of technology in the dispute resolution process.
9.ROLE OF ONLINE DISPUTE RESOLUTION
The authors are expected to trace the origin and evolution of ODR in India with special reference to recent happenings and the future potential.
10.INTERNATIONAL COMPARISON ON USE OF TECHNOLOGY IN DISPUTE RESOLUTION PROCESS
11.CYBER-SECURITY CONCERNS IN USE OF TECHNOLOGY IN ADR
The use of internet technology entails with it a concern of cyber-security in context of breach of confidentiality and privacy. Authors are expected to explore, investigate, analyze and comprehend the possible cyber-security issues and their remedies in the use of ADR mechanisms.
12. SHIFT TO SMART ARBITRATION
Blockchain is an important and emerging technology. The authors are expected to write about the basics of blockchain technology and smart contracts, explain why arbitration is beneficial in smart contract disputes, highlighting a need for shift to Smart Arbitration and explore the challenges that may arise in an arbitration procedure.
- The abstract shall not exceed 300 words. It should include the Title of the Paper, Keywords, the Presenter’s Name, Designation, Institutional Affiliation, Mailing Address, Contact Number and E- mailID.
- The abstract should be typed in Times New Roman, font size 12 with 1.5 linespacing.
- The abstract shall be submitted through registration link only. All submissions should be uploaded in .doc/.docx format only.
- Co-authorship is limited to a maximum of two authors.
Intimation for acceptance/improvisation will be provided within 2-3 working days from the last date of the submission ofabstract.
- The length of full paper including tables, diagrams, illustrations, references, etc. should be 3000-8000 words. The paper should be typed in Times New Roman, font size 12 with 1.5 line spacing. Headings to be in bold with font size 14.
- The footnotes must be typed in Times New Roman, font size 10 with single spacing. The margin of 1 inch on all sides must be maintained throughout thepaper.
- Bluebook 20th Edition/APA shall be strictly followed for Footnoting andreferencing.
- The Full Paper should be submitted upon selection of Abstract and shall be submitted through Google Form (The link will be shared via E-mail to selected Abstracts) along with the certificate of originality duly filled by the presenter(s). All submissions should be sent in .doc/.docx format only.
- The title of the manuscript shall be followed by Name of the author(s), the Name of the University/Institution, and the E-mail address.
BEST PAPER& PRESENTATION
- One best Paper from the conference will be awarded a price money of $100, sponsored by Mr. Sameer Shah.
- Best Presentation will be acknowledged from each session. Certificates and Free Registration shall be given to winners in Knowledge Steez or in anywingcoursesworth rupees 3000.
- All the participants shall be provided with E-certificates.
Faculty members, Research scholars, professionals and students are eligible to participate.
1) In case of any query, kindly reach us by writing an email on firstname.lastname@example.org
2) All the Participants shall be required to present their research papers on 16th May 2021 through Zoom/Google Meet.
3) All the participants shall be provided with E-certificates only on their registered e-mail id.
Link forregistration of Attendees and Author/Co-Author (+Abstract Submission):https://forms.gle/V5Ybg6Map8ubpNz66
Registration Fee:NO REGISTRATION FEE
- Last Date of Registration for attendees: May 8, 2021
- Abstract Submission Deadline: May 10, 2021
- Date of Conference: May 16, 2021
Organizing Committee Members:
Mr. Ashiv Choudhary
Assistant Lecturer, Jindal Global Law School, Sonipat.
Advocate at J&K High Court
LLM | Queen Mary University of London (2019)
Mr. Nikhil Jaiswal
Student Co- Convenors:
Mr. Abhishek Ms.Vallabhi Rastogi
Mr. Revanth Reddy Chintam Mr. SanidhyaKulshreshtha Ms.Ridhi Ranjan
+91-817-935-9199 +91- 956-873-2332 +91-707-096-0888
Email Id: email@example.com