About the National Law Institute University
The National Law Institute University (NLIU) is a law school and centre for research located in Bhopal, India. Established in 1997 by the State of Madhya Pradesh, it is one of the first three law schools to have been established under the National Law School system.
About the NLIU-CRIL
NLIU-CRIL is pleased to invite original and unpublished manuscripts for publication in its annual journal, now rebranded as the CRIL Journal of International Law and Policy. This inaugural edition of the annual journal seeks to secure collaboration between students, research scholars, and professionals interested in international law, from across the world.
The Centre for Research in International Law (CRIL) is one of the oldest student-run bodies at National Law Institute University, Bhopal, which was established with an aim to increase awareness of international law and policy in the academia.
About the Journal
In its previous iteration, the Journal featured articles covering a diverse array of themes ranging from international criminal and humanitarian law to trade law and state responsibility. It has now been rebranded as the CRIL Journal of International Law and Policy.
The theme of the journal includes any contemporary and pertinent development in the field of international law and policy. The scope of this journal includes, but is not limited to, fields such as Public International Law, Human Rights Law, Private International Law, International Trade Law, International Commercial Laws, International Criminal Law, and International Investment Laws. The authors are encouraged to write on, or take an inter-disciplinary approach to, any field(s) or law(s) related to international law and policy.
Submission Categories and Requirements
- The manuscripts may be submitted in the following manner (the below mentioned word limit isexclusiveof the footnotes):
(a) Long Article: 5000 – 8000 words;
(b) Short Article: 3000 – 5000 words;
(c) Case Note / Case Study: 1500 – 3000words;
(d) Book reviews: 1000 – 2000 words.
- Co-authorship up to a maximum of two authors is permitted.
- All manuscripts submitted must be original and unpublished. Plagiarism of content as well as that of an idea would lead to a direct rejection of the manuscript. The author(s) of the manuscript bear the responsibility of authorities, facts, or views instated in the manuscript.
- The Executive Board of CRIL may, at its sole discretion, allow for manuscripts which do not substantially deviate from the given word limits to be considered for publication.
- Authors are encouraged to visit the CRIL Website for detailed submission guidelines.
- The submitted document must include an abstract of 250-300 words in the beginning, highlighting the structure and the essence of the manuscript. The abstract is exclusive of the word limit of the manuscript.
- Title of the manuscript should be formatted to Times New Roman, Bold, Font Size 16,with 1.5 line spacing, all caps, and a center alignment.
- The main body of the manuscript should be formatted to Times New Roman, Font Size 12, with 1.5 line spacing,have 1-inch margin on all sides, and a justified alignment.
- The footnotes should be formatted to Times New Roman, Font Size 10, with 1.0 line spacing, and a justified alignment.
- The footnotes must adhere to the standards of the Oxford University Standard for Citation of Legal Authorities (4th ed., 2012) (OSCOLA 4thedition).
- The authors are discouraged from using speaking or substantive footnotes.
- Use of endnotes or hyperlinks would not be accepted.
The last date of submission of manuscripts is 30 September 2021.
- Authors are encouraged to visit the CRIL Websitefor detailed submission guidelines.
- All submissions are to be made via this Google Form. The Google Form may also be accessed from the CRIL Website.
- The file uploaded must be a word document (.doc or .docx).
Each manuscript shall undergo a plagiarism check, and two stages of content review, including the peer-review.
In case of any queries, kindly drop us a mail at email@example.com, or contact the undersigned.
Ritwik P. Srivastava (Convenor): +91 7905817435
Arundhati Diljit (Co-Convenor): +91 8547823514