About the Panjab University, Chandigarh
One of the oldest universities in India, Panjab University (PU) established in Lahore in 1882, has a long tradition of pursuing excellence in teaching and research in science and technology, humanities, social sciences, performing arts, and sports. The glorious traditions of the University established during more than 138 years of its service to the nation are a source of inspiration for the present generation of faculty members and students.
About the UILS
University Institute of Legal Studies (UILS) was established as the constituent department of Panjab University, in the academic session 2004-05. During a short period, it has emerged as one of the premier legal Institutes in the country with a unique blend of tradition and modernity. Students are trained in the essence of the substantive laws, techniques of procedural laws, methods of client counseling, and skills in legal and social sciences research, etc. The Moot Court Competitions, Client Counselling Sessions, Quiz Contests, Seminars, Group Discussions, and Extension Lectures, etc. are regular features of the academic calendar of the Institute. The Institute’s Legal Aid Clinic, which provides free legal services to the economically weaker sections of the society as a part of the community outreach program of the Institute, also offers opportunities to the students to work in coordination with practicing lawyers.
About the Society for Quiz
The Society for Quiz is a constituent society of the University Institute of Legal Studies, Panjab University, Chandigarh. The Society owes its existence to the vital role played by the quizzes in the learning process. Considering how promising the quizzes are in terms of expanding the horizons of one’s knowledge and improving the efficiency of mind, the Society is completely devoted to organizing various types of quizzes throughout the year, both online and offline.
- Indian Penal Code
- Criminal Procedure Code
Scheme of Quiz
- There will be no negative marking for the quiz.
- All the questions in the quiz will be in the Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQ’s) format.
- The participant who submits the quiz earlier will be preferred in case of a tie between participants.
- The participants registering for the quiz via the Google Registration form will receive a confirmation mail from our side.
- The Confirmation mail will have the link to join the WhatsApp Group upon which all the important updates regarding the quiz and the link of the competition will be sent.
- The quiz will be played via Google Forms.
- The Link for the quiz will be sent on the WhatsApp Group so formed for the quiz.
- The link for joining the WhatsApp group for the Quiz will be sent in the confirmation mail, once the participant successfully submits the registration form for the same.
- Organizers will not be responsible for any technical error in the registration for the quiz competition or any connectivity/device failure during the Quiz.
- The competition is open to all the students pursuing a Bachelor’s/Master’s/PG degree or Certificate course from any affiliated University/College/Institute.
- No restriction on the number of entries from one University/College/Institute.
- To Register for the Quiz competition, Click here
- The Last date for registration is September 21, 2021.
- There is no registration fee for the Competition.
- Release of Registration Form: September 15, 2021
- Last Date of Registration: September 21, 2021
- Quiz Competition (Round 1): September 24, 2021
- Result Declaration (Round 1): September 25, 2021
- Quiz Competition (Round 2): September 26, 2021
- Result Declaration (Round 2): September 27, 2021
- Receiving of Certificates: October 10, 2021
- 1st Winner: A cash prize of Rs. 1000 + Certificate of Merit (E-Certificate)
- 2nd Winner: A cash prize of Rs. 700+ Certificate of Merit (E-Certificate)
- 3rd Winner: A cash prize of Rs. 500 + Certificate of Merit (E-Certificate)
- Top 10 Winners: A Certificate of Commendation (E- Certificate)
- Next Top 25 Winners: A Certificate of Recognition (E-Certificate)
- All the participants: Certificate of Participation (E-Certificate)
Kindly mail your queries to firstname.lastname@example.org
In case of any query, you can also contact our student convenors via:
- Vaibhav Goyal (President): 9781520216
- Rabia Mittal (Secretary): 9780212040
- Pranjali Aggarwal (Treasurer): 7858820006
- Prakhar Sharma (Event Coordinator): 9813755975
- Disha Chatta (Co-Coordinator): 9915586670
- Hiten Chugh (Co-Coordinator): 8437088000