About Jamia Millia Islamia
Jamia Millia Islamia was established in 1920 and was accorded the status of a Central University in 1988. It was initially started as a movement for educational and cultural renaissance which has grown as one of the best institutions in higher education offering multidisciplinary courses.
The Faculty of Law, Jamia Millia Islamia was established in 1989.
About the Moot
This is the 9th edition of the prestigious Jamia National Moot Court Competition, which is being organized by the Moot Court Association, Faculty of Law, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi through an Online Virtual Platform from 3rd to 5th June 2022.
This year’s moot proposition revolves around contemporary questions of law which are of extreme significance and the nuances of the much-contended provisions of the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act, 1967, the Prevention of Money Laundering Act, 2002 and the newly-enacted Criminal Procedure (Identification) Act, 2022, which have received the limelight in recent times.
The moot proposition has been drafted by Mohd. Yasin, Advocate, Delhi High Court.
The competition is open to bona-fide undergraduate students from recognized Colleges/Institutions/Universities currently pursuing Bachelor’s Degree in Law (3/5 years). Not more than one team shall be allowed to register and participate in the competition from the same College/Institution/University.
Team Size and Other Information
· Each team shall consist of three (03) members. The substitution of any team member is not allowed except with the permission of the organisers.
· Every team shall consist of two speakers and one researcher.
Online (Virtual Platform)
· Teams must provisionally register themselves on or before 10th May, 2022 through this Google Form. (Kindly read all the instructions in the brochure before registering). A maximum of 32 teams will be allowed to participate in the competition. Slots for participating in the competition will be filled on a basis of ‘First Come, First Serve Only’.
· Consent form/ Bona fide certificate from the respective institution shall be required as a part of registration process. (Please refer Annexure-A in the brochure for the format of the Consent form/ Bona fide certificate).
The first 32 teams who have successfully registered in accordance with above instructions shall be allowed to make the payment, details of which shall be sent via email for the purpose of final registration.
· The Registration Fee for this competition is Rupees Two thousand Five Hundred only (?2500/-). The final date for payment of registration fee is 15th May, 2022.
· The Registration Fee must be paid by all the teams provisionally registered and the copy of such transaction must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15th May, 2022 (11:59 PM IST).
· The registration process shall be deemed complete only after the receipt of the Registration fee which is non-refundable.
· Last date for Request for Clarification: 9th May 2022
· Last date for Provisional Registration through Google Form: 10th May 2022
· Last date for Final Registration and Payment: 15th May 2022
· Last date for Submission of Soft Copies of Memorials: 25th May 2022
· Researcher’s Test: 3rd June 2022
· Oral Rounds: 3rd – 5th June 2022
· Best Team: ?25,000 + Trophy + Certificate of Merit
. Runner up Team: ?15,000 + Trophy + Certificate of Merit
. Best Memorial: ?10,000 + Trophy + Certificate of Merit
Best Speaker (Final Round): ?8,000 + Trophy + Certificate of Merit
· Best Speaker (Preliminary Round): ?6,000 + Trophy + Certificate of Merit
· Best Researcher: ?8,000 + Trophy + Certificate of Merit
E-Certificate of Participation will be issued to all the Participants
Any query regarding the competition can be sent to email@example.com.