About Lakshmikumaran and Sridharan
Founded in 1985 by Mr V Lakshmikumaran and Mr V Sridharan with humble beginnings, the firm started with a Tax Practice but has gradually expanded to other areas. LKS are now a full-service law firm offering litigation, consulting and advisory services in Tax, International Trade, Corporate, Commercial Dispute Resolution, Intellectual Property Rights and Food Safety Law through the support of our 700+ professionals.
LKS’ clients include several Fortune 500 companies, Indian industry leaders & groups as well as small & medium enterprises. The firm has 14 offices located across India in New Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Pune, Kolkata, Chandigarh, Allahabad, Kochi, Jaipur and Nagpur.
About the job
The Junior Associate will be responsible for evaluating and interpreting electronic documents for relevancy and privilege with utmost care of quality on document review projects. This is a 3-months contract employment with a possible performance-based extension to a permanent role.
Indirect Tax litigation
Qualification: LLB from a known Law School with strong academic track record.
- Excellent Communication and Drafting Skills.
- Strong Analytical and researching skills
- Proactive, reliable and with an attention to details
0-3 years of experience Indirect Tax would be preferred i. e. GST, Customs, etc.
- Assisting the client in responding to the department during the course of enquiry, investigation and audit.
- Preparing reply to Show cause notice/audit replies.
- Meeting with the tax officers for hearing as and when required
- Preparing tax appeals to be filed at the Joint Commissioner (Appeals)
- Preparing tax appeals to be filed at the Court (i.e. Tribunal, High Court / Supreme Court)
- Assisting seniors for representation before various judicial forums.
- Comprehensive research on various topics.
Client service delivery/execution
- Ability to pro-actively identify and discuss technical issues with clients while being mindful of firm risk issues
- Handle tax matters with regard to preparation of submissions, replies to notices, appeals etc., meeting the tax authorities, representation during appeals along with seniors etc.
- Executes the work on a multiple client base. Assumes near independent responsibility for smaller clients
- Develops rapport with middle layers of client management.
Develops commercial acumen
- Stays abreast of firm wide and competitor activities and general business trends
- Brings value to the client and manager by applying this knowledge in delivering solutions to clients
Networking & Identification of opportunities
- Begins to identify new opportunities for existing clients and communicates to senior
- Networks internally within the peer group and other levels in the firm in order to gain understanding of issues that may impact the clients
Develops Strong knowledge base
- Stays abreast with the latest development in the tax and other laws.
- Contributes to the knowledge management activities of the firm.