About the College:
Rayat College of Law, Railmajra S.B.S. Nagar is the benchmark Institution in Punjab, imparting legal education through B.A / B.Com. LL.B. (Hons.) 5 Year Integrated Course. It organizes on a regular basis research and extra-curricular activities like National Moot Court Competitions, Guest Lectures by eminent personalities and various practical oriented programmes i.e., Legal Awareness Camps, participation of students in ParaLegal Activities etc. to equip the students with professional skills.
The Rayat College of Law is organizing the 10th edition of its RCL National Moot Court Competition, 2022.
Date of the event- 8th and 9th October 2022.
IMPORTANT GUIDELINES AND PENALTIES:
- Participants are expected to observe a proper dress code and make their own arrangements for coats, ties.
- Students shall not interact with the judges or reveal their identities or the identity of their respective college. Any such attempt shall result in instant disqualification. Teams will identify themselves to the judges only by the codes given to them at the time of submission of Memorials.
- The language of the court shall be English.
- The court will follow its own rules of procedure within the framework of accepted norms of judicial practice. On questions of doubt or dispute in the matter of procedure of facts, the decision of the court shall be Final.
- Every team must maintain complete dignity and decorum in the Courtroom. Inappropriate behavior in the Courtroom or blatant disregard for the procedures will result in instant disqualification or the defaulting team will be incurred a penalty of 5 points, as per the decision of the presenting judges.
- Speakers shall not be allowed to pass annexure to the judges; instead the teams may make a set of compendium of annexure that shall be given to the judges before the commencement of proceedings.
- Scouting in any manner is strictly prohibited.
- No team member or person directly associated with any team is permitted to attend any round in which the said team is not participating during preliminary rounds.
- Each participant must possess his/her I-card on the day of the competition.
- Prior information for the hostel facility is solicited.
IMPLEMENTATION AND INTERPRETATION OF RULES:
- Regarding competition practice and procedures, the final decision on the interpretation and implementation of rules lies with the organizers.
- The Organizing Committee reserves the right the right to amend/change the rules & regulations with prior notice to all registered teams.
Details of Cash Prize:-
- Winner Team (First Prize) – ₹ 10000/-
- Runners up Team (Second Prize) – ₹ 5000/-
- Start of Registration: 12 September 2022
- Last date for Registration: 24 September 2022
- Last date for receiving soft copy of memorial: 2 October 2022
- Submission of Travel details by mail: 2 October 2022
- Submission of Memorials ( six Hard Copies with Registration form at the draw of lots): 8 October 2022
- Prelims / Quarters: 8 October 2022
- Semi-finals, Final, Valediction & Prize distribution: 8 October 2022
- Last date for queries: 29 September 2022
For Queries Contact:
Aryan Dhawan (Student Convenor)
Stuti Puri (Student Convenor)