About Children’s Investment Fund Foundation
CIFF is an independent philanthropic organisation, working with a range of partners seeking to transform the lives of children and adolescents. Our programmes are designed to support bold ideas to solve seemingly intractable problems.
About the Legal Internship Opportunity
Children’s Investment Fund Foundation is inviting applications for Legal and Compliance intern.
- A qualification in Indian law.
- Strong research skills.
- Fluency in English.
- Strong drafting skills in English.
- Strong organisational skills and ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Working experience of Microsoft Office.
- The following are desirable:
- Some previous experience of drafting basic contracts.
- Experience of working with an NGO or not-for-profit organisation
- A demonstratable interest in improving children’s lives and climate change.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assisting with contract drafting and negotiations with CIFF’s grantee organisations in children’s development and climate change as well as related activities (monitoring and evaluation contracts, consultants).
- Preparing confidentiality agreements, amendment agreements, consultancy agreements and other ancillary documents in the context of grants and other services.
- Assisting with l due diligence on CIFF’s proposed grantees.
- Assisting in the management process of proposed grants and other projects (e.g. pipeline reviews).
- Managing signing of documents and liaising with the project managers where necessary to finalise agreements.
- Carrying out legal research on a variety of matters relating to programme issues, legal and regulatory issues (including FCRA), programme governance issues, conflicts of interest, commercial contracts and consultancy contracts.
- Providing input to improve legal processes (e.g. contract management process).
Duration of Internship
6 month fixed term contract
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer a generous benefits package here at CIFF that includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Annual leave – 25 days per annum (will be prorated for the 6 month period)
- Training allowance
- Wellbeing allowance
- Life insurance
- Health insurance