New Delhi Municipal Council (NDMC) proposes to fill up one post of Legal Advisor in pre-revised pay scale of PB-4 ₹37400-67000 + Grade Pay ₹10000/- (revised in 7th CPC Pay Level 14 Pay Matrix ₹144200-218200) on deputation basis for a period of 3 years.
Duties of the post
The Legal Advisor heads the Law Department of the NDMC and is assisted by a Law officer, Deputy Law Officers and Assistant Law Officers. The functions and responsibilities of the Legal Advisor are diverse and range from supervision and monitoring of the court cases through Standing Counsel, Additional Standing Counsel in the Delhi High Court to Municipal Counsel in the subordinate courts of Delhi. He is also required to give legal advice on issues of importance to the Chairman and various other Heads of Departments, on such reference being made by them.
2. The period of deputation can be extended/ curtailed as per requirement/performance of the individual. For the eligibility conditions/details of the post is as under:-
Officers belonging to the Offices of Central/ State Govt./ UTs/ Autonomous Bodies/ Statutory Organizations.
a. (i) Holding analogous posts on regular basis in their parent cadre/department; or
(ii) With two years service in the grade rendered after appointment thereto on a regular basis in the pre revised scale of PB-4 ₹37400-67000 + Grade Pay ₹8900/- (revised in 7th CPC Pay Level 13A) or equivalent in the parent cadre/ department and
b. Possessing following qualifications and experience:
(i) Degree in law from a recognized university or equivalent; (ii) 15 years experience of legal matters.
(Period of deputation/contract including period of deputation/ contract in another ex- cadre post held immediately preceding this appointment in the same or some other organization/ department of the Central Govt. shall ordinarily not to exceed five years. The maximum age limit for appointment by deputation (including short term contract) shall be not exceeding 56 years as on the closing date of the receipt of applications.)
- The Secretary, Ministry of Law & Justice, Govt. of India, 4th Floor, A-Wing, Shastri Bhawan, New Delhi-110001.
- The Registrar General, High Court of Delhi, Sher Shah Suri Road, New Delhi-110003.
- The Registrars, All the High Courts of States, India (Through Fax/mail).
their selection, may be forwarded in the enclosed Proforma (Annexure-I) (Bio-Data) in duplicate to the undersigned Room No. 5001, 5th Floor, Palika Kendra, Sansad Marg, New
The applications of the eligible & willing officers, who would be spared in the event of
Copy to :- Director (IT) is requested to upload the above vacancy circular on NDMC’s website. PS to Chairman for information
PA to Secretary for information
Delhi-110001, by 19.11.2021. The application should be duly signed by the applicant and certified by the Head of Department/ Employer. The candidates applying for the post shall not be allowed to withdraw their candidature subsequently.
4. Department should forward the application only if, the officer is relieved immediately in the event of his/her selection. As per DOP&T instruction relieving of the officers will be mandatory.
5. The departments/ organizations should forward the application alongwith following documents:-
i. That no vigilance case is either pending or contemplated against the officers, so recommended;
ii. Cadre clearance;
iii. Copies of ACRs/APARs for the last 5 years.
6. The Circular alongwith the Proforma (Annexure-I) may also be downloaded from the NDMC website: www.ndmc.gov.in.
7. Applications received after the closing date or without any of the aforesaid documents or otherwise found incomplete or not in the prescribed Proforma are liable to be rejected.
8. While forwarding the applications, it may be verified and certified that particulars furnished by the officer are correct. Incomplete applications received without the documents mentioned in Para-5 above, will not be considered. Application not forwarded by respective cadre controlling authority or parent department would not be considered. No action would be taken on the basis of advance copy submitted by applicants.
For More Details Click HERE