Hidayatullah National Law University, which was founded in 2003, has now finished a journey of more than a decade and a half. HNLU has carved out a niche in the field of legal education in India in such a short time, and its legacy is flying to fresh heights every day.
The University was founded by the Government of Chhattisgarh under the Hidayatullah National University of Law, Chhattisgarh Act, and is named after the famous legal luminary Justice Mohammed Hidayatullah (Act No.10 of 2003). The University’s Chancellor is Hon’ble Justice Mr. Arup Kumar Goswami, Chief Justice of the High Court of Chhattisgarh. Vice-Chancellor of the University is Prof. (Dr.) V. C. Vivekanandan, former MHRD Chair Professor of IP Law at NALSAR University and former Dean of the Rajiv Gandhi School of Law, IIT Kharagpur and School of Law, Bennett University. The Registrar of the University is Prof. (Dr.) Uday Shankar.
Information on CCI
The Competition Commission of India was established under the Competition Act, 2002 (the Act) to prevent anticompetitive practises, to promote and sustain competition in Indian markets, to protect consumers’ interests, and to ensure freedom of trade by other market participants in India, as well as for matters connected with or incidental thereto.
It is required, among other things, to take appropriate efforts to promote competition advocacy, raise awareness, and provide training on competition issues. As a result, it pursues its goals through two sets of instruments: advocacy and enterprise-focused enforcement. These measures are intended to complement one another, promoting and ensuring enterprise freedom of trade and consumer welfare in order to create “fair competition for the greater good.”
Concerning the Moot
The 12th Justice Hidayatullah Memorial National Moot Court Competition 2022, HNMCC’22, will be held as a physical event at Hidayatullah National Law University. The Justice Hidayatullah Memorial National Moot Court Competition was established as part of the centennial celebrations of the eminent jurist, author, and linguist, Justice Mohammad Hidayatullah, and has established a reputation among the legal fraternity as one of India’s premier moot court competitions over the course of a decade. Under the skilled leadership and mentorship of the Hon’ble Vice-Chancellor Prof. (Dr.) V.C. Vivekanandan, the moot will be organised by Hidayatullah National Law University students and faculty.
Eligibility, Team Size, and Additional Details
- The CCI-HNMCC 2022 is open to all students enrolled in a 3-year LLB degree or a 5-year integrated LLB programme. However, each university/institution is only allowed to enter one team.
- The following is the team’s make-up: There will be two speakers and one researcher. It is possible for teams to participate without a Researcher.
- The Speakers are not permitted to take part in the researcher’s experiment. In the case of a two-person team, however, one of the speakers must be eligible to take the Researcher Test, which must be informed to the Organizers at the time of Formal Registration.
- Teams should not reveal their institution’s name; doing so will result in penalties, including disqualification. The National Administrator will make the final judgement in this regard.
- On December 12th, 2021, registration for the 12th CCI-HNMCC 2022 will open. Registration will close at 11:59 p.m. on January 15, 2022.
- The registration price for the competition is 5,000 rupees, which may be paid via RTGS/NEFT/IMPS or Demand Draft. The payment information is on the registration form.
- At the time of registration, the teams must present the following documents:
- A letter from the university approving the team’s participation in the competition.
A scanned copy of the registration fee Demand Draft or the online payment receipt.
There will be awards and trophies given out in the following categories:
The team that wins the final round will be dubbed “Winner of the CCI-HNMCC 2022” and will receive a cash prize of INR 1,000,000 as well as a trophy. The winning team members will also have the option to intern with AZB & Partners. Second place will earn the team the title of ‘Runners-up,’ as well as a financial award of INR 50,000. SCC Online will also provide the finalists a variety of prizes.
The best memorial is:
The ‘Best Memorial’ prize, as well as a monetary prize of INR 20,000, will be awarded to the team with the greatest memorial score (aggregate).
The speaker with the best overall score (average) at the end of the Preliminary Rounds will be awarded the title of “Best Speaker” and a cash reward of INR 20,000. In order to be considered for the ‘Best Speaker Award,’ you must argue for both sides.
The best researcher is:
The ‘Best Researcher’ Award will be awarded to the researcher who receives the best score on the Researcher Test, as well as a monetary prize of INR 10,000.
- Important Dates
|Opening of Registrations||12/12/21|
|Last date of Clarifications||05/01/22|
|End of Registration||15/01/22|
|Soft copy Memorial Submission||10/02/22|
|Hard copy Memorial Submission||18/02/22|
|Preliminary & Quarter-Final Rounds||19/02/22|
|Semi- Final & Final Rounds||20/02/222|
|Valedictory Ceremony & Lextronica||20/02/22|
Relevant links and Contacts
- Dr. Anindhya Tiwari Organizing Secretary, HNMCC 2022
- Phone: +91-96801-30090
- Dr. Vishnu Konoorayar Professor of Law, HNLU Raipur.
- Phone: +91-83759-24141
- Sanket Jamuar Student Convenor, HNMCC 2022
- Phone: +91-78709-12857
- Deeksha Singh Student Co-Convenor
- Phone: +91-97544-56437
- Avnish Prakash Student Co-Convenor
- Phone: +91-91623-85666
E mail ID: email@example.com