- The Centre for Gender Justice Studies is an endeavour of the Maharashtra National Law University, Nagpur to respond to the emerging regime of rights of different genders and their protection granting them the liberty for the full realization of their basic rights.
- Gender equality is not only a fundamental human right but a necessary foundation for a peaceful, prosperous and sustainable world. It is important to observe that sex is a biological manifestation of an individual, while gender is a social tag that is based on certain pre-defined norms. The Constitution of India enshrines principles of equality before the law and that all should be given equal opportunities, but fighting the odds of discrimination and prejudices is still a long way.
- Moreover, Goal 5 of the Sustainable Development Goals 2015 envisages gender equality by the year 2030 and to achieve the same, the persistent obstacles must be fought with unwavering spirit. To achieve overall development, the marginalized genders must engage socially, economically and politically on a larger level and that is the most effective manner through which they can carve an equal space for themselves on the stage.
Papers for presentation in the National Seminar are invited from academicians, practitioners, researchers, scholars and students on the issues related to specified themes.
- Gender Justice – Breaking Stereotypes, Discriminations and Prejudices
- Rethinking sex and gender
- Issues of identity and ideals of justice
- Benevolent sexism and gender sensitization
- Social impact of the depiction of gender and sexuality in popular culture
- LGBTQ rights and sexual diversity
- Gender and Legal Systems
- Third Gender, Marital Rights and Legal Inclusion.
- Women Emancipation and Indian Judiciary.
- Sex and Gender under Penal Laws.
- Stereotyping, Behavioural Norms and Trans-Inclusive Governance.
- Gender and Technology
- Gender and Access to Technology
- Women in Media and Artificial Intelligence.
- Gender Sensitive Issues and Media
- Gender-based Cyber-Violence and Misogynistic Online-Movements.
- Gender and Development
- Gender equality, Food Security and Sustainable Development.
- Effect of International Trade on Gender Inclusion.
- Gender Development and Economic Progress.
- Combating Gender Stereotypes and Sexism in and through Education.
- Rethinking sex and gender
Note: The sub-themes are not exhaustive. Papers on any of the related subthemes are also welcome.
Submission and Formatting Rules
- Abstract: The abstract should not exceed 300 – 350 words and must reach the organiser on or before 15th September 2022accompanied by a cover page stating the following:
- Theme and Sub-theme
- Title of the paper
- Name of the Author(s)
- E-mail address
- Postal address and Contact Numb
- Only the selected abstracts will be permitted for presentation.
- Full Paper Submission: The following guidelines should be followed:
- The word limit of the paper shall be 3000-4000 words
- (exclusive of footnotes). The font style of the paper should be Times New Roman with font size being 12 for the main text and 10 for the footnotes.
- The line spacing for the main text and footnotes should be 1.5and 1 respectively. (Endnotes are not permitted).
- One 1” should be maintained on all four sides of the pages.
- Citation Style: Bluebook, 20th edition.
- The File Name should be in the format given. Example- Name of Author + Title of paper.
- The abstract and full paper has to be submitted in .doc/.pdf format.
- Plagiarism declaration statement in the e-mail (The Plagiarismlimit is 10%). All submissions must be the author’s original and unpublished work.
- The full paper must be emailed to [email protected] with the subject “SUBMISSION OF FULL PAPER”.
- Note: Co-authorship is permitted to a maximum of two authors and at least one author must attend the Seminar to present the paper.
- Abstract selection would be intimated through email.
- After the selection of the Abstract, the participants are required to pay the requisite fees for registration. and email the receipt of the payment to [email protected]
- For Students & Research Scholars:
- Single Authorship – Rs. 800
- Co-Authorship – Rs.1,500
- For Academicians & Professionals
- Single Authorship – Rs.1,000
- Co-Authorship – Rs. 1,800
- Submission of Abstract – 15th September 2022
- Confirmation of Abstract – 18th September 2022
- Last date for Registration and Payment -20th September 2022
- Submission of Full Paper – 10th October 2022
- National Seminar – 15th & 16th October 2022
FOR FEE PAYMENT: CLICK HERE
For uploading the Abstract: CLICK HERE
For further clarity one may reach out to [email protected]