Católica Global School of Law (CGSL) and the Católica Research Centre for the Future of Law (CRCFL) are running an international selection tender for 2 vacancies of post-doctoral researchers to perform duties of scientific research within the framework of the Horizon Europe project ‘Fair MusE’ (Promoting Fairness of the Music Ecosystem in a Platform-Dominated and Post-Pandemic Europe) – Grant Agreement 101095088 (1 March 2023 – 28 February 2026). The project summary can be found below. The selected researchers will also be expected to dedicate a small percentage of their working time to teaching activities.
- 1 post-doctoral position will be offered for 3 years, starting on 1 March 2023.
- 1 post-doctoral position will be offered for 2 years, starting on 1 March 2023.
The activities of the researchers will include:
- Project management tasks and supervision of the Project Manager’s activities;
- Organization of conferences and scientific events, as well as knowledge dissemination and transfer activities;
- Collection and analysis of qualitative and quantitative data associated with the project’s Work Packages 2 and 5 and empirical analysis (in Portugal and abroad). In months 1 to 24 (WP2), the team will gather information to assess whether and how current laws, policies as well as copyright (individual and collective) licensing models and enforcement measures seek to promote fairness and transparency in online music dissemination and exploitations. In months 25 to 36 (WP5), the team will work on the project’s key exploitation results (KERs), including policy recommendations (‘White Paper’). This work will entail a constant interaction with policymakers, stakeholders and the general public;
- Writing of scientific articles and other project deliverables in collaboration with Professor Giuseppe Mazziotti (Principal Investigator) and other researchers from the Fair MusE’s consortium;
- Collaboration with CGSL and its teaching and supervision activities.
The workplace is located in the Lisbon campus of Universidade Católica Portuguesa. However, the researchers will be able to discharge their duties also at a distance, according to a flexible organization of work that may reflect arrangements, priorities and objectives that CGSL, CRCFL, the principal investigator and the post-doctoral researchers will agree upon periodically.
The gross monthly remuneration to be paid to each researcher is 2.142 EUR in 14 instalments (12 months, plus vacation and Christmas bonuses), plus meal allowance.
The hired researchers may benefit from the ‘non-habitual residents’ regime in force in Portugal and be taxed at a reduced fixed tax rate of 20%. In order to qualify as a ‘non-habitual resident’, a Portuguese national or a foreign individual having the right to live in Portugal must register as a tax resident of Portugal after not having been a resident in this country during at least the previous 5 years.
The Social Security contribution paid by workers in Portugal amounts to 11% of the monthly income.
Any national, foreign, and stateless candidates can submit an application, provided they meet the following cumulative requirements:
- They are holders a doctoral degree in Intellectual Property Law or a related scientific field;
- They have a scientific and professional curriculum whose profile is suited for the activities to be performed and shows the candidate’s extensive knowledge of fields such as copyright law, EU law, competition law, contract law and information technology law;
- They have an excellent command of the English language.
The selection will be based on the candidate’s scientific production and its relevance, as well as on his/her participation in scientific projects and congresses, student supervision, scientific dissemination actions, transfer of knowledge, other relevant activities and experiences.
The selection process may include an interview with the candidates.
Applications shall be sent to email@example.com and shall include the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Doctoral Certificate with date of award of the degree;
- Cover letter in English, highlighting relevant experience and motivation.
Candidates may submit their applications from 3 January 2023 until 31 January 2023 (5 pm Lisbon time). Questions can be addressed to Prof. Giuseppe Mazziotti via firstname.lastname@example.org.
FOR FURTHER DETAILS: CLICK HERE