ABOUT THE CONFERENCE
The aim of the Conference is to provide a platform for students, researchers, academicians, legal practitioners and other stakeholders to add value to the existing bank of knowledge and ideas about the much warranted reforms in Pro Bono culture of India. Pro Bono Legal Services in India have mostly remained as an unorganized activity taken up by individual lawyers, NGOs and law firms. Apart from that, Pro Bono services are also imparted selectively on those pressing concerns which receive attention from masses. This conference is about protecting the illiterate, the unheard and the unfortunate members of this growing society, through a Legal Aid System where justice is available, accessible and affordable.
The Conference is open to academicians, students, researchers, practitioners, and other stakeholders interested in the subject.
CALL FOR PAPERS:
Pro Bono Club, RGSOIPL, IIT Kharagpur, invites papers from legal professionals, academicians, practitioners, research scholars, administrators, students, social activists and the representatives of governmental and nongovernmental organizations to present their research papers on the following sub-themes:
- Towards a Socially Relevant Legal Education to Inculcate Pro Bono Culture for Better Access to Justice
- Engagement of the Bar, Bench, the Law Universities in Developing Pro Bono Culture in India
- Indian Law Firms and Pro Bono Practices
- Exploring Newer Technologies for Advancing Access to Justice and Clinical Legal Education
- Inculcating the Culture of ADR and Client Centered Lawyering in Pro Bono Services
- Reflecting on Article 39A of the Indian Constitution in the 75th Year of India’s Independence.
Note: – Author(s) are at their discretion to choose any other subtheme for their paper that corresponds to the principle agenda of the Conference. Joint authorship is allowed up to two persons.
Abstract shall be submitted to this Link by 5 February, 2023: http://bit.ly/RgProBonoConference
Last Date for Abstract Submission: 5 February, 2023
Last Date of Communication of Acceptance of Abstract: 8 February, 2023
Last Date for Registration and Payment in IIT Portal: 16 February, 2023
Submission of Full paper: 02 April, 2023
Date of Conference: 8 and 9 April, 2023.
For more details, download the brochure attached-