About Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar
Guru Nanak Dev University was established on November 24, 1969. It has been promoting education in the fields of Basic and Applied Sciences, Arts, Management, Information Technology, Media, Industrial Technology, Environment, Planning, and Architecture Studies.
About Dr. B.R Ambedkar Chair
The activities/events of the chair are based upon Dr. B. R. Ambedkar’s work and philosophy, issues relating to the socio-economic and cultural life of scheduled castes, scheduled tribes, minorities, backward classes, and other weaker sections of the society with an aim to engage in research and, in turn, contribute to the advancement of knowledge of the thoughts and ideas of Dr. B. R. Ambedkar.
About the Seminar
Contributions are invited from Academicians, Professionals, Researchers, Advocates, Research Scholars, and Students from law and social sciences backgrounds on the above-mentioned theme of the seminar.
Authors of selected abstracts shall be given an opportunity to present their paper during the National Seminar. The selected papers will be published in the form of an Edited Book with an ISBN Number
Themes & Sub-Themes
The Seminar will provide a platform to deliberate and propose suggestions on the following themes:
- Case Studies Relating to Women Empowerment in Punjab/ North-Western States of India.
- Women’s Empowerment and Contribution of Dr. Ambedkar
- Dr. Ambedkar Champion of Women’s Rights
- Annihilation of Caste and Women Empowerment
- Dr. Ambedkar’s Quest for Gender Equality
- Dr. Ambedkar and Hindu Code Bill
- Political Participation and Women Empowerment
- Women and Social Rights
- Women’s Empowerment and Constitutional Provisions
- Crimes against Women- a defect on Gender Equality and Women Empowerment
- Attitude and Biased Perspective of Society– A Hurdle in Achieving Women
- Conflicts among Women Groups
- Role of Education in Empowering Women.
Any other sub-theme relating to the main theme
- The language of the paper should be English only.
- The Abstract must contain the highlights of the full paper and should not exceed 250 words.
- Author(s) Name(s), University/Organization, Paper Title, Email Address, and Mobile
The number is to be stated clearly on the cover page of the research paper.
- The paper should not have been published earlier nor should it be under consideration for
publication. Any form of plagiarism will result in immediate disqualification.
- Author(s) will be required to fill out the Registration Form and Declaration after the selection
of their abstract.
- Maximum Plagiarism of 10% is allowed.
- The word limit for a research paper (inclusive of the abstract) is between 3000 words (minimum) to 5000 Words (maximum).
- This word limit is inclusive of footnotes.
- Co-Authorship is allowed. However, there can be a maximum of two authors in one research paper.
- The research papers text should be in MS Word Format (doc./docx.) with :
- Times New Roman
- Font Size 12
- Line Spacing 1.5 on an A4 size paper.
- The Footnotes should be in
- Times New Roman
- Font Size 10 with
- Single Spacing.
- End notes are not permissible.
- MLA Handbook citation format shall be strictly followed.
- One-inch margins on all sides should be maintained.
How to Submit?
Registration Form and Abstract for the National Seminar is to be submitted through Google Form.
Full research papers are to be submitted to the following Email ID:
- Last date for Abstract Submission: April 26, 2023
- Intimation of acceptance of abstract: April 30, 2023
- Full Paper Submission: May 10, 2023
- Dr. Puneet Kaur: +91 99881 31334
- Ms. Harkirandeep Kaur: +91 84270 97790
Click here for the brochure