ABOUT HIMACHAL PRADESH NATIONAL LAW UNIVERSITY
The Himachal Pradesh National Law University (HPNLU, Shimla), was established by the State Government in the year 2016, by an Act of the legislature (Act 16 of 2016). The University started functioning from 5th of October, 2016. Located in the geographical terrains of the Himalayas, HPNLU, Shimla, is the best place for legal education. The climate and environmental privileges of its placement make the university one of the most sought-after law education institutions. Under the academic and administrative leadership of the Hon’ble Vice-Chancellor, Prof. (Dr.) Nishtha Jaswal, the team HPNLU is committed to achieve new heights in legal education while proactively organising plethora of events, spreading socio-legal awareness through discussions on Fundamental Duties, Environmental Issues, Human Rights and Access to Justice, etc.
ABOUT THE CENTRE FOR ENVIRONMENT AND DISASTER MANAGEMENT
Centre for Environment and Disaster Management (CEDM) is a specialized Centre of Himachal Pradesh National Law University, Shimla, for conducting socio-legal research in the field of environment protection & disaster management.
The Centre aims to serve as a research and training centre in the field of environmental law and policy, inculcate environmental awareness and sensitivity about the various environmental related issues among the various stakeholders, and conduct various theme-based activities on the protection of environment and sustainability. The Centre, since its inception, has conducted various programmes such as webinar On “Contemporary Environmental Law in Covid-19 Crisis”, “Virtual Environmental Conclave”, “National Essay Writing Competition”, “National Photography Competition”, “E-Colloquium on Bhopal Gas Disaster’, Special lectures of renowned academicians and legal experts on Environment Law.
WHO MAY ATTEND THE CONFERENCE
- Academicians, Students (from five-year as well as three-year law courses), Research Scholars from Law and non-law discipline.
- Lawyers, Legal Professionals, Policy-makers.
- Professionals from Industries and Energy Sector/s.
- Officials from Pollution Control Boards, Environmental Engineering, and Environmental Sciences and Environmental Studies.
CONFERENCE VENUE: The Conference would be conducted in Hybrid-mode. The academic campus of Himachal Pradesh National Law University, Shimla will be the Conference Venue for offline mode. The participants are required to arrange their own accommodation in the offline mode.
AREAS OF DISCUSSIONS AND SUB-THEMES
The Conference will focus on the following sub-themes:
- Legal Mechanism for Environment Protection
- Climate Change, Health and Environmental Justice
- Energy, Energy Security and conservation
- Environment Protection and Armed Conflicts
- Environmental Laws for Better Air and Space
- Environmental Crimes, Forests and Wildlife Protection.
- Corporate Social Responsibility and Environment
- Biodiversity and its Conservation at National and
- International level
- Environmental Rule of Law and Role of Courts in
- Sustainable Development: National and International Perspectives.
Last date of submission of Abstract- May 20th, 2023
Intimation of acceptance of abstract-May 22th, 2023
Registration and Fee Payment-May 25th, 2023
Submission of Paper/ Manuscript and PPT’s with Cover Letter- May 28th, 2023
Date of the Conference- June 3rd-4th, 2023
CEDM: [email protected]
Dr. Alok Kumar: