About Nirankari Rajmata Scholarship
Sant Nirankari Charitable Foundation had earlier launched a Scholarship Scheme to provide Financial Assistance to Meritorious Students from the academic year 2014-15, on the basis of “Merit-Cum-Means”, to enable them to pursue Professional and Technical Courses at Graduate and Post-Graduate levels to excel in their life. The scheme has evolved an objective and transparent mechanism to assist eligible, meritorious and needy students. The Scholarship Scheme has been named “NIRANKARI RAJMATA SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME” for the Academic Year 2015–16.
Key Features of the Nirankari Rajmata Scholarship Scheme
This Scholarship Scheme is open to all the students, who fulfil the eligibility criteria as laid down herein below and wish to pursue higher study in India only. 50% of the Scholarship amount is reserved for girls. However, this amount can be used for other students, if eligible girl students are lesser than the reserved level.
- For this Scholarship Scheme, a duly constituted committee of the Education Department of Sant Nirankari Charitable Foundation will assess the economic condition and financial position of the applicant’s family.
- This committee will consist of four members i.e. Member Education, Administrator, one Educationist and one Advocate.
- The Committee will take into account all the relevant factors like the livelihood pattern of the family, the nature and number of dependents, the socio-economic strata of the family, the financial requirements of the student and the family, the nature of schooling and academic merit of the applicant, and other parameters like attitude and behaviour of the applicant and his family or any other aspect as may be decided by the Committee from time to time.
- In certain cases, the education committee may recommend an inspection of the home and the living standard of the family.
- Based on the recommendations of this Committee, Financial assistance will be sanctioned to the promising and needy students.
The financial assistance to be offered to an applicant will depend on the requirement and capability of the student to pursue the relevant course. The applicant must have the offer of admission in hand in any of the following disciplines in the Institutions/Colleges recognized by the State/Central Government and have secured not less than 90% marks in Class XII of the examination
- Graduate Degree in Medicine in Allopathic and/or Ayurvedic and/or Homeopathic.
- Graduate Degree in any discipline of Engineering.
- MBA / PGDM.
- Chartered Accountancy after securing a minimum of 90% marks in class XII and qualifying CPT conducted by Institutions of Chartered Accountants of India.
- CFA after securing a minimum of 90% marks in Class XII and qualifying Foundation Test.
- LLB after securing a minimum of 90% marks in Class XII and passing the Entrance Test for LLB or after qualifying Degree Exams.
- Journalism and Mass Communication
The applicant must have been offered admission in any of the Institutions/Colleges recognized by the Govt. of India, through a written competitive examination. A student securing admission through Management/Convenor Quota or any other Quota (method) except a WRITTEN COMPETITIVE ENTRANCE EXAMINATION shall not be considered for scholarship. The Education Committee will access the same on case to case basis.
This scholarship is open for students as under :
- 1st-year students of all the courses mentioned above.
- All the beneficiaries of our previous year’s scholarship scheme, if eligible and otherwise in order.
- These students are required to obtain a minimum of 75% marks every year in their further examinations after class twelfth and in rare cases recommendation of the Committee.
- In the event of the non-passing of the examination in any year by the student during the course, the scholarship shall be discontinued.
However, if the student could not take the examination in that particular year, due to circumstances beyond his/her control, the Member Education may consider such case on merit for restoring the scholarship after verification of supporting documents submitted.
- The submission of an application for consideration of the request for financial assistance does not per se create any right in favour of the student / the applicant for the grant of financial assistance under this scheme.
- The grant of financial assistance is subject to fulfilment of the eligibility and capability criteria set out under this scheme. The decision of the Education Committee, SNCF shall be final in this regard and no request for reconsideration of the recommendations shall be entertained further.
- For the final year of the course, 25% of the fee will be paid only on receipt of the mark sheet of the final year and feedback form sent by Sant Nirankari Charitable Foundation.
- The application for scholarships to deserving students will be invited every year so that their financial status and other criteria like academic performance and behavioural/attitudinal aspects for selection can be reviewed before making payment of tuition fee for that particular year.
- The tuition fees for the entire course will not be sanctioned/approved in one go.
- Only the Tuition Fee will be paid. (The maximum ceiling of the benefit will be Rs. 75,000/- per year per student).
- The applicant should be a regular student of any Institution/College recognized by the Central/State government and admitted through a competitive written test.
- The income of the family from all sources, to which the applicant belongs, should not be more than Rs. 3.50 lakhs per annum.
- The applicant/applicant’s family should submit the latest pay slips and I.T.R of all the earning family members or a family Income Certificate issued by the SDM/Tehsildar/BDO or any other officer authorized on this behalf by the Revenue Department indicating that the total annual income of the family is not more than Rs. 3.50 lakhs.
- The date of issue of the Income Certificate should not be more than three months prior to the date of submission of the application.
- The following students/applicants shall not be eligible for a grant of financial assistance under this Scholarship scheme:
- The students who have taken admitted through the Management/Convenor Quota or any other Quota of the University / Educational Institution.
- The students who have the status of failure in any of the subjects in any of the previous semesters/years.
- The applicant was detained in any semester/year examination due to a shortage of attendance.
- The applicant is penalized by the University or the Institutes for any act of indiscipline during the course.
- The students who have taken scholarships from any other source.
- No scholarship will be given for pursuing courses through Correspondence or Distance Education.
Note: The scholarship application must be complete in all respects along with all relevant documents with checklist and submitted ONLY through SPEED POST at Education Department, 80-A, Avtar Marg, Sant Nirankari Colony, Delhi – 110009 (India).
- Duly filled-in and affixed photographed application form in the prescribed format for each academic year.
- Mark Sheets of all previous academic qualifications, starting from Class – X.
- Pass Certificates of Class X and XII examinations.
- Pass 90% marks or more in Class XII
- A copy of the latest pay slip and I.T. Returns of all the earning members of the family, OR
- Copy of the family Income Certificate issued by the Area SDM or Tehsildar or BDO.
- A certificate from the institution stating that
- The candidate will not/has not been granted a scholarship under any scheme of other private organization or religious or spiritual organization or Government authorities,
- Has not taken admission through
- Management/Convenor Quota or any other Quota.
- Affidavit (Part-III of Application Form).
- Copy of results of all semesters’ examinations passed.
- Copy of latest fee receipts issued by the University/Institutes.
- Details of the fee including Tuition Fee, Library, Hostel, Books etc. duly signed by the Principal/Administrator of the Institute may be attached to the application.
- Copy of passbook of saving bank account of the applicant for remittance of financial assistance, in cases where the applicant has already deposited the fee in the Institute/College and is seeking reimbursement.
- The Bank Account should be in the name of the student. Name of student, bank account no. & IFSC Code must be mentioned on the copy of the passbook/cheque.
- Copy of bank statement of all saving bank accounts of all family members.
- The Admission Slip/letter by which the applicant has been offered admission by the University/Educational Institution.
- Copy of Ration Card/Aadhar Card/Voter I-Card/Pass-Port/Pan-Card or any other residence proof.
- Copy of letter received previous year from Education Department, SNCF (for old students).
Procedure for Consideration of Application
- The eligible students may have to appear for an interview before the Education Committee, only if required.
- The applicant, if so required will have to produce the documents in original based on which the eligibility for claim of financial assistance is made.
- If so, the applicant should also carry a self-attested copy of all the documents based on which the eligibility and the request for a grant of financial assistance is made.
- The applicants and their parents, who do not appear before the committee on the scheduled date and time, will forfeit their claim for financial assistance.
- No request for a personal appearance before the committee will be considered after the scheduled date except for those who have obtained prior approval from the Member Education, Sant Nirankari Charitable Foundation due to exigencies, if any.
- Scholarship forms are uploaded on the website.
- All the applicants, who apply under this scheme, are advised to access the website on regular intervals for updates.
How to Submit?
- Duly filled-in application form with all the requisite documents should be submitted to the Member Education, Sant Nirankari Charitable Foundation on or before the closing date for submission of applications viz November 30, 2023.
- The scholarship application must be complete in all respects along with all relevant documents with a checklist and submitted ONLY through SPEED POST at Education Department, 80-A, Avtar Marg, Sant Nirankari Colony, Delhi – 110009 (India).
- No application will be received after this date.
- No column of the form should be left blank.
- Cheques to successful candidates will be distributed by January 31, 2024.
The last date to apply is November 30, 2023.