About Alliance School of Law
Alliance School of Law is approved by the Bar Council of India (BCI), New Delhi. It offers two five-year, integrated undergraduate courses in law, viz., Bachelor of Arts, B.A. LL. B. (Hons.) and Bachelor of Business Administration, B.B.A LL. B. (Hons.) that has been carefully crafted and designed to prepare its graduates for rewarding careers in various roles and responsibilities in legal service organizations.
About the Conference
Alliance Center for Alternative Dispute Resolution (ACADR) is organizing an International Conference on “The Future of Alternate Dispute Resolution: Prospects and Challenges”.
Arbitration, Mediation, Negotiation, Conciliation, Lok Adalat, Settlement, etc. are the various methods for settling disputes which have received worldwide recognition and are applied successfully, as they settle disputes in a speedy and amicable manner.
The process of arbitration is not alien to India. It always had been practiced since time immemorial. In India, people believed in resolving disputes within the four walls hence, the mechanism has gained significance in India since ancient times.
Arbitration and mediation are necessary in the present time, especially in India where 30 million cases are reportedly pending.
The entire objective of ADR is to bring speedy justice and to reduce the backlogs of Public Interest Litigation and many Criminal cases so that the Judges are free to apply their minds and devote their time to other important matters having National & Constitutional Significance
The aim of the conference is to provide a platform for Students, Researchers, Academicians, Arbitrators, and every stakeholder to share their knowledge and ideas about the future of alternate dispute resolution in the Modern World, its prospects, and challenges. Because of its private nature, ADR affords parties the opportunity to exercise greater control over the way their dispute is resolved than would be the case in court litigation. In contrast to court litigation, the parties themselves may select the most appropriate decision-makers for their dispute.
ADR is a creative approach that will help in achieving justice through securing faster and adequate justice. The conference intends to sensitize and aware all stakeholders and create an atmosphere where the effective practice of ADR can be strengthened.
The conference shall provide a way forward in a structured manner, helping in ensuring its acceptability amongst the masses. The Conference aims to promote ADR as an acceptable and cost-effective process, helping in achieving the greater good for society.
The conference is open to academicians, students, researchers, practitioners, and anyone interested in the subject.
Future of Alternative Dispute Resolution: Challenges and Prospects
- Role of courts in International Arbitration.
- Selecting an Arbitral Seat: Key Consideration.
- Jurisdiction-specific issues in Arbitration.
- Evidence in International Arbitration Procedure.
- India as an International Commercial Arbitration Hub: The Challenges.
- Is Alternative Dispute Resolution a Privatized Justice?
- Alternative Dispute Resolution and Criminal Justice System.
- India’s instance on the International Centre for Settlement of Investment Dispute (ICSID) Convention in relation to Banking.
- Need for Laws governing Mediation in India.
- The emerging importance of Environment Social Governance (ESG) & its impact on International Arbitration.
- Cross Border Partnership and collaboration in International Arbitration.
- The Role Diverse Bar Associations Play in Increasing DEI (Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion) in ADR. Arbitration and Technology: Blockchain Arbitration and Smart Contracts.
- Online ADR in India: Prospects
- Pre-Institution mediation in India: Future prospects
- Emergency Arbitration
- Comparison of Pre-Litigation Mediation in India with other countries and how other countries have mandated pre-litigation.
- Mediation in Industrial Dispute and Labour Law
- Mediation in Multinational Dispute cases: National and International perspective
- Negotiation and Mediation in Banking and Insurance Sector
- Future of Lok Adalats
- Pre-Litigation Mediation and its implication in the Draft Mediation Bill, 2021.
- Mediation in Family Disputes
Formatting and Submission Guidelines
- The paper should be in Doc./Docx. format.
- The paper must be in a single-column layout with margins justified on both sides.
- The subheading should be in font size 12, bold, and Times New Roman, left-aligned.
- The main text should be in font size 12, Normal, Times New Roman, 1.5 spacing, and justified.
- The length of a paper should not be less than 3500 words (excluding footnotes).
- All references must be in the form of footnotes with font size 10, Times New Roman, 1.0 spacing and should be according to the Bluebook 20th Edition.
- The submissions should not have more than a 15% Similarity Index.
- All the submissions should be made via E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Academicians/Professions: INR 2000 (for domestic) $25 (for International)
- Students/ Ph.D. Scholars: INR 1,500 (for domestic) $15 (for International)
- Participation (without Paper presentation) INR 500 (for domestic) $10 (for International)
- Suggestions and inputs from Experienced and Learned Panelists;
- All the Paper Presenters shall be provided with an E-Certificate of Presentation;
- Awards will be given for Best Paper.
- Selected papers shall be published in an ISSN International Journal and ISBN Book with no additional Article Processing Charges (APC);
- All participants will be provided with a participation certificate.
Blended Mode (Offline & Online)
- For Offline Participation: Alliance School of Law, Alliance University, Chikkahadage Cross Chandapura-Anekal, Main Road, Bengaluru, Karnataka (India) 562106
- For Online Participation: Zoom Platform
- Submission of abstract: 31 July, 2022
- Communication of Acceptance: 14 August, 2022
- Registration & Payment of Fee: 20 August, 2022
- Submission of Full paper: 30 September, 2022
- Conference Date: 12 November, 2022
- Submit Abstract.
- Preliminary Review
- Abstract Acceptance/ Denial Communication
- Payment of Conference Fees
- Submission of Full Paper
- Editorial Review
- Full Paper Acceptance/ Denial Communication
- Camera Ready Paper Submission
Note: Registration is compulsory. All participants and paper presenters must register through the link given at the end of this post.
To register for the conference, click here.
In case of any query regarding the conference, the participants can mail at email@example.com.