About Bangalore Institute of Legal Studies
Bangalore Institute of Legal Studies (BILS) was established in 1942 is affiliated to Karnataka State Law University & approved by Bar Council of India. The institute was ranked amongst the top 5 Private Law Colleges in MDRA Survey by India Today in 2019. The institute offers an integrated program in BA LLB double degree course. Admissions at BILS is done solely on merit basis of marks obtained in the qualifying exam by a candidate.
About the opportunity:
We are pleased to invite you all for the OneDay National Seminar on “Intellectual Property Rights a Techno Legal Audit” in collaboration with Karnataka Institute for Law and Parliamentary Reform (KILPAR) on 17-06-2023 at the Indoor Auditorium BILS. We request your good self to encourage the Faculties & Students to participate and present paper for the said One Day National Seminar.
Sub Themes for Paper Presentation:
1, “Emerging Trends in Intellectual Property Law”
- “IPR Strategies for Startups and Small Businesses”
- ‘Copyright and Digital Media: Challenges and Solutions”
- “Trademarks and Brand Protection in the Digital Age”
- “Patent Protection: Navigating the Complexities”
- “Trade Secrets and Confidential Information: Safeguarding Business Assets”
- “Enforcement of Intellectual Property Rights: Legal and Practical Perspectives”
- “IPR in the Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Industries”
- “International Perspectives on Intellectual Property”
- “IPR and Innovation: Encouraging Research and Development”
- “IPR and Technology Transfer: Bridging the Gap between Academia and Industryi‘
- lPR and Competition Law: Striking the Right Balance”
- “1PR in the Creative Industries: Music, Film, and Literature”
- “IPR in the Era of Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies
Parameters for making Paper Presentation
- What is the necessity for enacting this law, objects and reasons for bringing this legislation?
- What are the other laws prevailing on this subject before bringing this legislation?
- What are the features of the Act?
- What mechanism is provided to deliver justice to the aggrieved persons whom to approach to get justice?
- Is there any appeal?
- Is it a cognizable offence? Bailable or non- Bailable Offence
- Highlights of the rules, regulations, and schemes made under this Act.
- Landmark judgments on this Act.
- Lacunas present in the Act, supported by data or material collected, with this regard, suggestions to remove those lacunas, if any.
(AS PRESCRIBED BY KILPAR)
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION:
- The research paper/ article may have a maximum of two co-authors.
- Abstract: 300 Words; Full Paper: 3000 to 6000 Words.
- Font- “Times New Roman”, Font size — “12pt”, Line space- “1.5”
- The Submissions are only in MS- Office Word format
- Any form of Plagiarism is prohibited.
- References should be in accordance with the 21st Edition Harvard Bluebook.
- There is an Award for the best 3 papers.
- The article / the research papers will be assessed on the basis of the area of the Seminar, originality of the research paper, policy significance and covering the broader research area of Intellectual Property Rights.