About The Organisation
The Gujarat National Law University (GNLU) is a statutory University established by the Government of Gujarat through the Gujarat National Law University Act, 2003. It is recognized by the Bar Council of India (BCI) and the University Grants Commission (UGC). The University’s founding motto, which is a hymn from the Rig Veda, objectifies the ideal of, “Let all good and noble thoughts come to us from all directions.”
The Centre for Banking and Financial Laws (GCBFL), GNLU is a centre of excellence which focuses on promoting research interest and training in the discipline of banking and financial laws. It was established in 2008 with the mission of contributing to the cause of financial literacy, financial inclusion, investor protection and fostering learning in the area of banking and financial laws. The Centre wishes to reinforce its belief that an independent academic centre, committed to excellence can play an important role in bringing industry, civil society, governments and other stakeholders together to design and implement strategies to achieve success.
The banking and financial sector is a major segment and an essential part of the world economy. In order to ensure the safety and soundness of the financial system, protect consumers and prevent fraud its regulation is very important. In India, this sector is regulated by various regulatory bodies such as RBI, SEBI, IRDAI, PFRDA, etc. under various acts, rules, regulations, and schemes. In recent times, this sector has seen some significant developments in India. One of them is the cryptocurrency trade will now be covered under the anti-money laundering laws. Further, the market regulator SEBI has given its final approval to launch a Social Stock Exchange (SSE). Other contemporary areas to look upon are AI and banking, peer-to-peer (P2P) lending, NPAs and bad banks, digital banks, neo-banks, regulatory sandbox, etc. This competition aims to advance the spirit of exploration, foster excellence, and develop an interest in research & writing among the participants in the areas of banking and financial laws.
Details Of The Competition
- Theme: Contemporary Issues in Banking and Financial Laws in India. The mentioned theme is broad in nature and the participants can take any contemporary topic of his/her interest from the given theme.
- Eligible Participants:
- Students enrolled in undergraduate and postgraduate programs in any discipline.
- Research Scholars/Ph.D. Students from any discipline.
- Authorship: Upto Two Co-authors allowed.
- Prize Money & Certificate:
- Best Research Article – Rs. 10,000 and Certificate of Merit
- Second Best Research Article – Rs. 7,000 and Certificate of Merit
- Third Best Research Article – Rs. 5,000 and Certificate of Merit
- Certificates of Merit will also be provided to participants in the fourth and fifth positions. Certificate of Participation will be given to all the participants.
- Last Date Of Submission: 25th June 2023 (11.59 PM)
- Submission Process: CLICK HERE to submit
- Submission Guidelines:
- Submission should be between 4000-5000 words, including footnotes.
- The research article should include an abstract of 300 words and should be followed by 3-5 keywords.
- Heading – Font Size: 14, Font: Times New Roman.
- Main Body – Font Size: 12, Font: Times New Roman, Line Spacing: 1.5.
- Footnotes – Font Size: 10, Font: Times New Roman, Line Spacing: 1.0.
- Referencing Style – The Harvard’s Bluebook: A Uniform Style of Citation (21st Edition).
- The research article submitted should be an original work and not published elsewhere.
- The research article submitted should essentially deal with the law and policy aspects.
For More Information:
In case of any queries/concerns, email at [email protected] or call at +91-8989093936.
CLICK HERE For The Brochure
CLICK HERE To Visit The GCBFL, GNLU Website
For more information, Click Here