The 1st National Level Debate Competition, organised by the School of Agricultural Law & Economics (SALE), RGNUL, Punjab, will be based on the Lincoln-Douglas debate format i.e. one on one debate, in order to promote individualism amongst the participants. Through this competition, we aim at providing the students with a platform to hone their debating skills and improving the whole debating experience by ensuring that the participants meet with challenging issues based on contemporary and developing aspects of law and society. The competition strives to provide a safe platform for students to grow and experiment with their communication skills and critical thinking abilities.
This competition is open to all bonafide undergraduate and postgraduate students from Colleges/Universities across India. There is no restriction on the number of participants from a particular college.
THE GROWING REGIME OF PRIVATISATION IN INDIA.
Awards and Certificate
· Winner: INR. 2000/-
· First Runners Up: INR. 1500/-
· The selected Top Performers will be awarded E-certificates of Appreciation.
· All the participants will be awarded E-certificates for participation.
Dates of the Competition: 12th and 13th of November, 2021.
The deadline for registration is 11:59 pm, 8th November, 2021.
Guidelines for Competition
· A New Motion will be Provided 30 minutes before each Oral Round.
· The participants will be informed about their stand, i.e., either “For the Motion” or “Against the Motion”, 30 minutes before starting of that particular round through the WhatsApp group.
· The medium of debate is strictly English.
· The participant must maintain the professional decorum at all times throughout the competition. Use of abusive or profane language will immediately disqualify the participant.
· Individual scores of each round will be released after completion of the respective round.
· Each participant will be allotted a unique code for further reference and communication. The participant will be required to use that code only. In case any participant is found disclosing his/her identity, he or she will be immediately disqualified from the competition.
The decision of the judges invited for evaluation will be final and binding.
The registration fee is Rs. 150 + 18% GST = Rs. 177 per Individual.
Step 1: Click on the link below.
Step 2: Select “The Growing Regime of Privatisation in India” In ‘applying for’ option and click to register.
Step 3: Fill in the required details.
step 4: Select Preferred event of Payment and make Payment.
Vashisht Marwaha: +91 8360801339 (Convenor & Student Coordinator)
Aarti Bhutani: +91 9919008862 (Student Coordinator)
Khushwant Nimbark: +91 9636988105 (Student Coordinator)
E-mail – firstname.lastname@example.org