The Law and Technology Society at NLSIU, Bangalore is a society dedicated to delving into the many facets of the fascinating intersection of law and technology. Society’s major goal is to create cutting-edge learning opportunities in this subject by hosting a series of spectacular events.
The dynamic nature of the internet necessitates a rethinking of old frameworks and the development of more enabling laws for managing digital competition. The motion for the rounds will be centered on ‘Competition Law in the Digital Space,’ to encourage critical thinking and public speaking on inter-disciplinary topics.
Competition Rules and Regulations
- 2 vs 2 is a format in which two players compete against each other.
- Participants are encouraged to register in pairs, however in extraordinary circumstances, one can register alone. A day before the rounds, the OC will use randomised allotment to match individual registrants.
- Each speaker will be allowed 6 minutes.
- Each team will be allotted 1.5 minutes for rebuttals.
- Number of Pre-break Rounds: 3 Motions will be released 24 hours in advance for all pre-break rounds.
The competition is open to students and research scientists enrolled in any UG/PG/Ph.D. programme at any university.
It should be noted that prior understanding of the law is not required to participate. The motions will be worded with all of the participants’ interests in mind, and the organisers will provide short explainers on their social media platforms to aid the participants in their preparation.
Participants who are interested in participating must register using the link provided at the bottom of this post.
Participants must pay a fee of Rs. 100 each.
- The deadline to register is October 21, 2021.
- The competition will take place on October 23-24, 2021.
On the first day of the competition, all participants will be invited to a mentorship session with the upper echelons of the legal and tech communities.
Spectacular Cash Prizes:
Best Team and Runners-Up: Rs. 25,000 and Rs. 15,000 in cash, respectively.
Each of the semi-finalist teams will receive Rs. 5,000.
The top and second best speakers will receive Rs. 10,000 and Rs. 5,000, respectively, for their speeches.
Relevant Links and Contacts
For further clarity contact the below individuals
Shubh Mittal (Convener): 8604133361
Shantanu Mishra (Joint-Convener): 9140452335