- DPIIT-IPR CHAIR The Scheme for Pedagogy & Research in IPRs for Holistic Education & Academia (SPRIHA) was launched in the year 2016 by the Department for Promotion of Industries and Internal Trade (DPIIT), Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India.
- The chair was established to fulfil one of the objectives of the National IPR Policy of the Government of India which was to ‘Strengthen IP Chairs in educational institutes of higher learning to provide quality teaching and research develop teaching capacity and curricula and evaluate their work on performance-based criteria’.
- The WIPO Academy, the RGNIIPM Nagpur and the Maharashtra National Law University Nagpur, will be hosting WIPO-INDIA training program online in India.
- This training program provides an opportunity to professionals & students to acquire deeper knowledge of Intellectual Property. The program consists of lectures, case studies, exercises and group discussions etc.
- Venue: Online-Cisco WebEx
- Registration: Register with the link given at the end of this post.
- Language: English
The Summer School is open to limited Participants:
- Students (pursuing graduate and/or postgraduate or further added qualification) OR
- Young professionals from any field of study or discipline.
- Applicants are required to have successfully completed the free WIPO distance learning General Course on Intellectual Property (DL101) – special DL free course available here.
- Exceptions for DL101 may be given for those:
- who have completed subject on IPR during their Studies or,
- who have completed any course on IPR from RGNIIPM Nagpur and must upload evidence/certificate for the same from Institute (while applying this online course)
The duration of the Training Course is from May 23 to June 3, 2022
A Joint certificate shall be awarded to the participants by WIPO, RGNIIPM & MNLU Nagpur
- Visit the link at the end of this post to register for the summer school.
- Application requires the candidate to attach the following documents:
- Motivation letter for Summer School (reason for applying & what is expected to be gained from the Summer School – Maximum 300 words)
- Recent Curriculum Vitae / Resume
- Identification documents such as Passport or National identity documents
- Exceptions document as mentioned above OR DL101 Course Certificate
The registration fee will be payable after notification of acceptance by WIPO as follows:
- For developing countries and countries in transition and residing in those countries as per WIPO: USD 50 for students and USD 100 for young professionals
- For developed countries as per WIPO: USD 100 for students and USD 200 for young professionals.
Relevant Links and Contact