Founded in 1993, Trafigura is one of the largest physical commodities trading groups in the world. At the heart of global supply, Trafigura connects the world with the vital resources it needs.
Through our Oil & Petroleum Products, Metals and Minerals, and Power and Renewables divisions, we deploy infrastructure, skills and a global network to move commodities from where they are plentiful to where they are needed most, forming strong relationships that make supply chains more efficient, secure and sustainable.
About the Job
The incumbent will be responsible for assessing the overall trade flow plan including commercial terms, cargo operations, payment terms and legal obligations of sale and purchase transactions concluded by the company.
The incumbent will then draft or review the underlying commercial contracts keeping in mind Trafigura’s interests and business strategy and will also highlight all potential risks for consultation with other key departments such as Trading, Cargo Operations, Trade Finance, Claims, Legal etc.Knowledge Skills and Abilities.
Eligibility and Experience
- Commerce, Business Administration, Law or equivalent qualification with impressive academic credentials.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assessing commercial, operational and legal risks in a sale/purchase transaction and highlight the same promptly to relevant departments
- Liaise closely with other departments to discuss and finalize company’s contractual position
- Issue final contracts, termination agreement, Non-Disclosure Agreements or amendments after compiling views of key departments
- Pro-actively liaise with stakeholders to achieve mutually acceptable contractual position
- Take advisory role to suggest traders ways to mitigate key risks and highlight those exceptions to management
- Timely filing of contracts, amendments, communications on the in-house database management softwares
- Strict adherence and compliance to Trafigura’s policy and codes
- Strong communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Accurate and efficient working style with high attention to detail
- Computer literacy: MS Word, MS Excel and Outlook
- Adaptive to change
- Self-starter and pro-active attitude
- Fluent in English. Knowledge of French language is advantageous
- Willingness to work in flexible time zones
- Basic knowledge of international commercial terms (Incoterms 2000, 2010 and 2020)