Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) was founded in 1984 as Vellore Engineering College by the Chan-cellor Dr. G. Viswanathan. VIT attracts students from all the 29 states of India and more than 41different countries because of its academic excellence.
VIT has the record of publishing maximum number of SCOPUS Indexed Research Journal papers, among Indian Universi-ties, overtaking all the premier institutions.
Programme offered at various Schools in VIT-AP.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION FOR ADMISSION
(10+2+4+2 or any equivalent for Ph.D. in Engineering)
(10+2+3+2 or any equivalent for Ph.D. in Non-Engineering)
(10+2+5 year Integrated M.Tech. programme, Integrated M.S Programme in Engg. & Integrated. M.Sc.(Biotech) in Non-Engg.)
CATEGORIES AND ELIGIBILITY
Internal Full Time candidates:
A candidate who wishes to work for Ph.D degree on full time basis (including project staff working in sponsored pro-jects being carried out at VIT) should apply in the prescribed form on or before the specified date.
Selection Procedure for International/NRI candidates
- Candidates of foreign nationality who hold Degrees from Indian Universities seeking admission to research pro-grammes with the necessary clearance from the Government of India (The Ministry of Human Resource Develop-ment) and possess valid Visa will be treated on par with Indian nationals for purposes of admission to the Institute.
- Indian nationals having degrees from Indian Universities may apply as NRI candidate. After receiving their applica-tion and required documents, they will be interviewed via skype or other web technology. The fee is payable only as USD.
- Foreign nationals with foreign degrees must meet the minimum educational requirements as given in Section 3. Their degrees must be equivalent to Indian degrees mentioned in Section 3 in Engineering/Technology/Science and they should have a good academic record. International Students are expected to have a good working knowledge of English. Candidates with valid GRE and TOEFL scores will be given preference. The case of each foreign applicant will be examined and admission will be offered purely on merit.
- Foreign nationals / NRI candidates can only register as full-time scholars.
MINIMUM PERIOD OF STUDY
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)
The minimum period of study and research from the date of registration for the Ph.D programme to the date of sub-mission of thesis will be 30 months for full-time research scholars and 36 months for part-time research scholars.
SELECTION PROCEDURE FOR NATIONAL CANDIDATES
Due to COVID-19 no entrance examination for Ph.D. Selection is based on PG mark, Statement of Research Proposal (SoP) as per the given template and interview. Please upload all PG mark sheets (Semesterwise or Consolidated) and SoP while filling the online application form.
TEMPLATE FOR TWO PAGE RESEARCH PROPOSAL (SoP)
- All Internal Full-Time scholars admitted into Ph.D programme will get a fellowship of Rs.20,000/- per month forthree years.
- All Internal Full-Time scholars who have a valid GATE score percentile of 80 and above will get a fellowship ofRs.25,000/- per month.
- Apart from this, scholars are encouraged to apply for JRF (CSIR / UGC) / Inspire Fellowships / Rajiv Gandhi Scholarships (minority community and backward community).
For queries please contact Office of the VIT-AP Admissions through email to [email protected]. Tel: 0863—2370444 (Tuesday to Saturday: 10 am to 5 pm) [ WHATS APP : +91-790109128]