SIU was established under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956, in the year 2002. Symbiosis Law School, Pune is a constituent of Symbiosis International (Deemed University).
Symbiosis Law School, Pune, (SLS Pune) in 2020 has been ranked 8th by the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) Ministry of Human Resource Development India among the Law Institutes all over the Country.
About the Event
Symbiosis Law School, Pune is organizing the 12th edition of its cultural, sports and legal fest ‘Symbhav’ to be held from 28th to 30th April, 2021.
The Judgment Writing Competition, 2021 has been conceived with the aim of promoting skills of interpreting and applying legal concepts to facts and drafting judgments.
The Judgment Writing Competition will have the following principles and purpose:
- To develop a judicious mind;
- To apply legal concepts with a clarity of thought;
- To promote the spirit of rule of law and justice; and,
- To interpret the law in a justifiable manner with a view to meet ends of justice.
- Each team shall consist of a minimum of 1 member or a maximum of 2 members.
- The participants shall be pursuing a 3-year LLB or 5-year integrated LLB program from any college within India.
- The team composition may not be altered after registration.
- Registration Fees for Judgment Writing Competition is INR 500/- per team.
- The last date of registration is 22nd April 2021.
- The participants are requested to complete their registration by clicking here.
Exciting cash prizes worth INR 11,000/-
- Winner: INR 6000/-
- Runners Up: INR 5000/-
- All participants will be given Certificates.
The judgment must be submitted online, through registered mail of the participants and should conform to the following guidelines:
- The judgment shall not exceed 12 pages, including the cover page.
- The team is required to cite authorities similar to judgments of courts. The teams must adhere to the 20th Bluebook citation format.
- The judgment shall conform to the format as mentioned below.
- The submission must be made in both .doc and PDF format in the same mail.
- The name of the file should be the team code followed by the format of the file (for e.g. if the team code is JD5, then the file name must be JD5_PDF)
- The subject of the submission mail must be in the format of ‘Team Code – Judgment Submission – Judgement Writing 2021’
- The last date of submission is 29th April 2021.
Link to Rules and Regulations
- The judgment is to be submitted via email in both .docx and pdf latest by 11:59 P.M. IST, on April 29, 2021 by filling this FORM.
- In case of multiple submissions, the last submission by the participant before the deadline will be considered for evaluation and any submission received after the deadline shall not be considered for evaluation and the team shall be disqualified.
- Abhishek Ganesan: 9553193002
- Abhishek Ingale: 9762971863
- Adyasha Kar: 8763240506
- Lavanya Gupta: 7420037345