Google, LLC is an American multinational technology company that specializes in Internet-related services and products, which include online advertising technologies, a search engine, cloud computing, software, and hardware.
Google India Pvt. Ltd., with offices in Bangalore, Hyderabad, Gurgaon, and Mumbai, provides Google Inc. with local support and representation in India. India is a vital country for Google and makes a substantial contribution to Google’s worldwide operations.
About the Role
As Corporate Counsel at Google, the incumbent shall work on the most exciting legal issues as disruptive technological innovations require creative and proactive legal guidance. As an integrated part of the team, you proactively assess legal risks and advise on products that will not only move information into the 21st century but move information law forward as well.
The team is focused on responding to any legal issue arising in India and West Asia.
To learn more about the job, click here.
- Conduct legal reviews of Google’s product initiatives and work in consultation with Google’s government affairs representatives to provide solution-oriented practical advice to facilitate product launches and innovative initiatives in India.
- Manage all aspects of litigation disputes, and advise pre-litigation disputes, regulatory investigations, and other contentious matters.
- Advise senior management and cross-functional project teams in other regions with regard to potential legal risks in India. Ensure compliance with applicable laws across all aspects of Google’s operations in region.
- Work closely with various legal, product, engineering, and business team members to provide counseling on litigation disputes.
- Work with external legal counsel on specific matters ranging from regulatory issues to expert advice requests and to take an active role in litigation disputes.
Minimum Qualifications Required
- Bachelor’s of Law, comparable law degree, or equivalent practical experience.
- 6 years of relevant advisory and regulatory experience within the intellectual property, financial and technology-related areas in India.
- Experience in working on product advisory assignments and handling litigation in India with in-house experience with a multi-national company.
- Well-organized and able to manage numerous projects simultaneously under deadline pressure.
- Flexibility and willingness to work on a broad variety of matters from complex matters to routine standard matters.
Gurgaon (Gurugram), Haryana