Call for Papers
The Competition Commission of India (CCI) will organize the 7th National Conference on Economics of Competition Law on 4th March 2022 in New Delhi.
This conference aims to:
• Stimulate research and debate on contemporary issues in the field of economics of competition law
• Develop a better understanding of competition issues relevant to the Indianncontext
• Draw inferences for implementation of competition law in India
Who should participate?
The conference targets economists including scholars, practitioners and competition agency officials with a keen interest in economics of competition law and policy. Co-authored papers are allowed. However, one of the authors should be an Indian citizen having expertise/ specialization in Economics.
Submission of papers
A 1000-word abstract of the paper including research questions, methodology and expected results along with one-page curriculum vitae and contact details should be submitted initially.
Authors of selected abstracts will then be invited to submit full original papers of not more than 6000 words.
The Conference is expected to cover a wide range of related themes. However, papers in following themes are encouraged:
- Market definition, measuring market power and abuse of dominance
- Vertical restraints and competition
- Prohibition of collusive conduct of firms is a key component of competition law.
- Economics of platform markets and challenges for antitrust enforcement
- Intellectual Property Rights and competition law
- Price and non-price effects of mergers
- Any other issues related to competition policy and law
There is no conference fee.
Depending on the quality of submissions, some papers may be considered for publication by the CCI.
Paper presenters at the Conference shall be provided financial support.
New Delhi, India
Important dates and deadlines
Last date of submission of abstracts: 1st August, 2021
Review, Selection, and intimation to authors: 1st October 2021
Last date for submission of full papers: 1st December 2021
Review and Finalization of papers: 1st February 2021
Conference date 4th March 2022
Selection of themes and speakers
The CCI will have complete discretion in deciding the themes of the sessions based on the papers received as well as in selecting the speakers. Papers based on empirical research that can inform competition enforcement and policy are encouraged.
Abstract along with CV may be sent to [email protected] . The CV
should necessarily include education, work experience and publication in the
area of economics, if any. Requests for further information or any other queries
may also be sent to this email address.
For more details, click here