About the IMS Law College, Noida
IMS Noida, established in 1998, is a premier institute known for its academic excellence and value-based education. It serves both fresh graduates seeking world-class education and also to those who are already employed and want to enhance their managerial skills. IMS also has collaborations with several Universities overseas and seeks to imbibe a global mindset in its students.
Established in 2004, in Sector-62, Noida, IMS Law College, Noida runs under the auspices of IMS Society. The Big Brands Research Academy conferred IMS Law College the Best Law College in Delhi-NCR. The College is approved by the Bar Council of India, recognized by University Grant Commission (UGC) and affiliated with the Chaudhary Charan Singh University Meerut.
BEBAAK – The IMS Debating Society was formed by the top debaters of IMS Noida in order to provide a platform and create opportunities for the budding debaters, to show and grow their speaking skills and expertise, to learn and guide each other through the nuances of public speaking.
About the Competition
IMS Law College, Noida is organizing असीम – Beyond the Boundaries: 1st IMS International Online Debate Competition from Aug 20th to Sep 4th 2021.
“असीम – Beyond the Boundaries” is the 1st IMS International Debate Competition. As the name suggests, it aims to break the shackles of petty regionalism and bring together the brilliant minds from all across the globe on to a single platform, providing them the opportunity to speak their hearts out on the issues of international relevance.
- This will be a bi-lingual debate, participants may utilize English or Hindi.
- The competition will proceed in 3 rounds: Preliminaries, Semis and Finals.
- There will be two levels of the competition taking place parallelly, one for school level participants and one for university level participants, with separate cash prizes for both.
- The top 3 winners of the School rounds will also get an opportunity to compete in the finals of the University level rounds to have a chance at the top cash prizes.
- English debaters shall compete with other English debaters only, similarly being the case for Hindi debaters, for the preliminary and semi final rounds. Intermixing of top participants from both languages shall take place in the final rounds (please note that there will be no interjections in the final rounds).
For university-level preliminary round:
“Prostitution should be recognized and legalized globally.”
For school-level preliminary and semi-final round:
“Democratic nations as compared to others, have better chances to develop faster.”
- Individual Participation.
- Students of any School (9th to 12th)/ College or University in the World.
- School/College Pass-out Students.
- University Pass-outs/Working professionals.
- No Cap on number of participants from an institution.
Participants can choose to speak in any of the two languages: English and Hindi.
Participants have to stick to one language throughout the competition.
There shall be 3 (Three) categories of prizes:
COMBINED INTERNATIONAL WINNERS
(Only the participants of the International Grand Finale shall be considered for prizes of this category)
- International Winner: INR 11,000 / USD 145 + E-Certificate of Merit
- International Runner Up: INR 4,000 / USD 50 + E-Certificate of Merit
- International 2nd Runner Up: INR 3,000 / USD 40 + E-Certificate of Merit
UNIVERSITY-LEVEL INTERNATIONAL BEST SPEAKERS
(Participants from all the university level round shall be considered for prizes of this category)
- Best Speaker (English): INR 2,000 / USD 25 + E-Certificate of Merit
- Best Speaker (Hindi): 2,000 / USD 25 + E-Certificate of Merit
- 2nd Best Speaker (English): INR 1,000 / USD 13 + E-Certificate of Merit
- 2nd Best Speaker (Hindi): INR 1,000 / USD 13 + E-Certificate of Merit
SCHOOL-LEVEL INTERNATIONAL BEST SPEAKERS
(Only the participants of the School Level International Finale shall be considered for prizes of this category)
- School Level Best Speaker: (Cash Prize amount to be declared soon) E-Certificate of Merit
- School Level 2nd Best Speaker: (Cash Prize amount to be declared soon) E-Certificate of Merit
- School Level 3rd Best Speaker: (Cash Prize amount to be declared soon) E-Certificate of Merit
Please Note: The top 3 winners from the school level rounds will be given the opportunity to compete in the International Grand Finale to have a chance at becoming the Combined International Winners as well.
(In case of irregularities between currency exchange rates, the final prize amount in INR shall take precedence)
E-certificates of participation shall be provided to all participants.
|1.||July 17th, 2021||Registration open|
|2.||July 31st, 2021||Last date for early bird registration|
|3.||August 10th, 2021||Last date for registration|
|4.||August 20th – 24th, 2021||Preliminary round|
|5.||August 28th, 2021||Semifinals|
|6.||September 2nd, 2021||School-level international final and valedictory|
|7.||September 4th, 2021||International Grand Finale and Valedictory|
For the participants inside India.
Participants must submit their registration fees via Google pay/Paytm/PhonePe on the following Number: +918003816001.
A screenshot of the payment must be attached with the google form.
- Early Bird Registration fees (till 31st July): Rs.80
- Registration fees (from 1st Aug): Rs.100
- Registration in Delegation of 10 or mor: 50% off
- Registration in Delegation of 5 or more: 30% off
For the participants applying from outside India
- Registration fees: NIL
- Last date of registration is 10th august, 2021
Note: To register in a delegation, directly contact 8766309590
- e-Mail ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
- +91 87663 09590
- +91 78350 98333
- +91 94707 02002
- +91 79032 41521