About the Dr. Ambedkar College, Deekshabhoomi, Nagpur
Dr. Ambedkar College, Nagpur, established in 1964, is one of the oldest general degree colleges in Nagpur, Maharashtra. This college offers different courses in science, arts and commerce. It is affiliated to Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University.
About the Centre for Constitutional Law & Public PolicyDebate
The Centre for Constitutional Law & Public Policy Debate aims at providing a common platform for the exchange of views, deliberation and discussions regarding contemporary issues in the field of Constitutional law.
Its purpose is to bring all the stakeholders including legal luminaries, students, distinguished academicians on one platform to share their knowledge and views regarding issues pertaining to Constitutional law and public policy.
About the Competition
The Centre For Constitutional Law & Public Policy Debate, Department of Law, Dr. Ambedkar College, Deekshabhoomi, Nagpur is organising a National PIL Drafting Competition.
Public Interest Litigation (PIL) is one of the most indispensable parts of our Indian Legal System. The National PIL Drafting Competition aims at giving the upcoming generation of the legal fraternity, an opportunity to understand the practical dynamics that go into the making of a PIL.
The objective of the Competition is to improve and deepen the level of analytical and critical thinking by involving the participants in some real-life practical problems. The participants would be required to draft a PIL memorial on the draft proposition attached as a separate document.
- All the participants are requested to register themselves for the competition by November 6, 2021.
- To register, Click here
- There is no registration fee for participating in the competition.
- Individual participation or participation in a team of two is allowed.
- One College will be represented by one team ONLY.
- The substitution of any Team Member is not allowed after the registration deadline, i.e., November 6, 2021 by 11:59 PM, except in extenuating circumstances and only with permission of the Organizer.
- First Position: Cash Prize: Rs. 5000/- + Certificate of excellence + Internship Opportunity at AIR (two-month content creation internship MAY be offered in case of exceptional writing skills)
- Second Position: Cash Prize: Rs. 3000/- + Certificate of excellence + Internship Opportunity at AIR (two-month content creation internship MAY be offered in case of exceptional writing skills)
NOTE: In case of team participation, the co-author to the winning entry, if any, shall share the prize with the first author.
- All the queries and clarifications must be addressed to official mail id [email protected] and the subject of the mail must read as “PIL COMPETITION QUERY”.
- No query without the subject “PIL COMPETITION QUERY” would be entertained.
- There is NO last date to raise any clarifications
- No queries otherwise than through a mail on [email protected], shall be entertained whatsoever the case may be.