About the K R Mangalam University
K R Mangalam University, Haryana is a State Private University established under Haryana Private Universities Act and is empowered to award degrees under section 2f of the UGC Act, 1956
About the Conference
The School of Law, K R Mangalam University, Haryana is organizing a 1-Day Virtual National Seminar Contemporary Issues in ADR Techniques, on December 3, 2021.
With all-round developments taking place in India, major projects, particularly infrastructure projects and mega projects are being implemented in different parts of the country. Developmental projects also accompany various disputes. In spite of one’s best efforts to avoid disputes, the disputes have become part and parcel of their contractual relationship.
In order to complete projects without cost or time overrun, a suitable mechanism should be in place to resolve disputes as and when they arise.
The amended Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996 has raised much hope which promises to be an effective tool for speedy and cost-effective dispute resolution besides facilitating the implementation of foreign awards. This augurs well for raising the level of ease of doing business in the country thus paving way for attracting more Foreign Direct Investments.
India, where a number of projects by MNCs are going on, has the potential of becoming the hub of International Arbitration. The hurdles if any in this context have to be identified and removed. The Conference is organized to address these problems, besides updating knowledge on the subject and hone the skills of practising and aspiring ADR.
This National Conference seeks:
- to explore, analyze and understand the concepts and factors that are relevant or otherwise, influence the theme;
- to evaluate emerging trends in alternative dispute resolution and assess their impact in judicial system;
- to formulate recommendations that might facilitate in bolstering the process of ADR with regards to emerging trends;
- to familiarize the learners with the conceptual and thematic understanding of ADR, and
- to devise and deliberate upon possible solutions for the incongruities and loopholes that exists with respect to the theme.
Themes and Sub-themes
Theme: Contemporary Issues in ADR Techniques
- Efficacy of ADR in Contemporary Judicial System
- Role of Lok Adalats: Achievements, Failures and Way Forward
- ADR as a Mechanism to Resolve Corporate Disputes
- Present Status of Laws Related to ADR in India
- Critical Analysis of Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996 (with 2015 Amendments)
- ADR: A Tool in Promoting Ease of Doing Business in India
- Arbitral Seat: Key Considerations
- Challenges before the Enforcement Agencies in ADR
- Mediation in Industrial Disputes and Labour Laws
- ADR: A Tool in the Matrimonial Disputes
- Online Mediation in India
- Usage of Mediation in Various Fields
- ADR and Consumer Disputes in India
- Significance of ADR for Scheduled Tribes
- ADR in Real Estate Dispute in India
- ADR in Banking Sector
- Arbitration: Issues and Challenges
- Arbitration: Ethical Issues of Mediator
- International Commercial Arbitration: Challenges
Selection of papers for presentation will be based on abstracts. An abstract must include a clear indication of the purpose of research, methodology, major results, implications and key references. They should adhere to the following:
- Abstract & full paper must contain the name of the author/s, complete address, e-mail id and mobile number. The abstract should be original and must not exceed 250 words including the title and references.
- Citations and references should comply with the ILI (Law) of referencing. (For details on ILI referencing style, please click here.)
- Submission must be in MS-Word format (no other format will be accepted) with all four sides 1 inch margin. Should be typed in Times New Roman with font size of 12. Paper title in 14 (Bold) and all sub-headings in 12 (Bold) and line spacing at 1.5.
- Submit abstract/full paper via email to: email@example.com
- Submission must be in MS-Word format (no other format will be accepted) with all four sides 1 inch margin.
- Should be typed in Times New Roman with font size of 12.
- Paper title in 14 (Bold) and all sub-headings in 12 (Bold) and line spacing at 1.5.
Submit abstract/full paper via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- A full paper must include an introduction, research, methodology, objective, description of the research issues including socio-legal analysis of the problem, precedents and judicial decisions, impact and implications, possible outcomes and the solutions.
- It should not exceed 3000 words.
- In case of co-authorship, both the participants have to register & pay separately.
- While filling the Google form, participants will be required to upload the screenshot or receipt of the payment so made, therefore the participants are first required to pay the registration fee and then register.
- Registration can be done by filling the following Google form latest by December 1, 2021
Rs.500/- per paper
|Research Scholars/ Students||Rs.300/- per paper|
|Beneficiary Name||K R Mangalam University|
|Bank Name||ICICI Bank Ltd.|
|Branch||Alwar Road, Opp Sohna bus Stand, Gurgaon-122103, Haryana|
|Date of Seminar||December 3, 2021|
|Submission of Abstract of the paper||November 8, 2021|
|Acceptance of the Abstract Notification||November 10, 2021|
|Submission of full paper||November 30, 2021|
|Closure of Registration||December 1, 2021|
K R Mangalam University
Sohna Road, Gurugram Delhi NCR.
- Email ID: email@example.com
- Contact Number: 9654771910/7838775240