Applications are invited from the eligible candidates, for filling up the Post Project Officer – Policy and Law
Theme on contract basis in the Ministry of Women & Child Development funded project titled “National
Initiative & Integrated Resource for Child Protection, Mental Health, and Psychosocial Care”, under
Dr. John Vijay Sagar, Professor & Head, Dept. of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry and Principal Investigator.
Name of the Post Project Officer – Policy and Law
No. of Post– 02 (TWO)
a. Bachelor’s Degree in Law (L.L.B)
b. Have at least 1 year of experience (post essential qualification) in legal research on human rights-related subjects (preferably with a focus on child rights)
c. Strong understanding of the structure and workings of the child protection system, including knowledge of child laws applicable in the protection system, namely juvenile justice and child sexual abuse laws.
d. A deep knowledge of child rights, protection, juvenile justice & related laws and
e. Knowledge of research methodology, including the ability to conceptualize research studies.
f. Evidence of written work and documentation in the area of human rights and/or child and law.
g. High levels of fluency in oral and written English.
h. Fluency in oral communication in Hindi.
i. Willingness to travel within the country.
- L.L.M and/or PhD in law/law-related disciplines.
- Have at least 2 years of experience practicing before any court of law, specifically in
the area of child rights and law.
- Training & Teaching experience in human rights/child protection and law-related
- Oral/ working knowledge of at least 1 (Indian) regional language.
- Published papers in the area of human rights and/or child and law.
- Maximum Age Limit – 35 years
7. Emoluments / Salary Rs.90,000/- per month (Consolidated).
8. Job Profile - Implement training programs across the country on various subjects pertaining to
child-related laws and policies, for various stakeholders in the area of law
(including judicial officers), child protection and mental health;
9. Development of training content and methodologies for online and in-person training workshops on child-related laws/policies, based on in-depth readings of relevant research articles, case law, commentaries etc.
10. Undertake research activities on subject areas pertaining to child and law, including designing studies, data collection, analysis, and report writing.
11. Coordinate with governmental and judicial agencies, namely State Judicial Academies & Juvenile Justice Committees of High Courts, State Departments of Women & Child Development/ Social Justice & Empowerment/Police and other systems/agencies to communicate the Project’s mandate and set up training and research activities.
12. Work with other internal technical teams in a coordinated manner to develop training materials, research proposals and other report-creation tasks related to the Project’s case-work & official assistance rendered to governmental/judicial agencies.
13. Develop IEC materials and conduct social media campaigns and other public awareness programs.
Official Notification(For further Details and Rules)