About the Navrachana University
Navrachana University is a Private University established under the Gujarat Private University Act, 2009. The University has Five schools: School of Business and Law, School of Engineering and Technology, School of Liberal Studies and Education, School of Environmental Design and Architecture and School of Science. We have around 22 programs across all the schools. Under the aegis of School of Business and Law, the University runs a Five Years Integrated BBA-LLB Law program.
Constitution Day (National Law Day), also known as Samvidhan Divas, is celebrated in India on 26 November every year to commemorate the adoption of the Constitution of India. On 26 November 1949, the Constituent Assembly of India adopted the Constitution and it came into effect on 26 January 1950.
About the Competition
School of Business & Law, Navrachana University is conducting a National Opinion Writing Competition 2021 on Constitution Day.
Right to Life is one of the basic as well as a fundamental right without which other rights cannot be enjoyed. But, if the person has a right to life, the question arises whether the same person can also exercise his right to die. Especially during the pandemic, we have noticed an enormous death doll in India during the second wave.
Hundreds of unaccounted corpses had been found in the river Ganga which has been burned and buried without any cremation rituals. Hence, in the present time, it is very important for us to evaluate whether the Indian Citizens can exercise the right to die with dignity.
‘Right to die with dignity: A Fundamental Right?’
- Only undergraduate law students can take part in the competition.
- All submissions must be original and unpublished.
- One author can send only one entry.
- The write-up shall be in between 500-2000 words.
- The content shall be written in times New Roman with font size of 12 and line spacing shall be 1.5 with appropriate footnotes.
- The write-up shall be in ‘.doc’ or ‘docx’ form and it shall be attached in the following link along with the basic details for registration.
- The content shall be judged on the ground of novelty, reasoning, use of language and coherence.
Rs 150 per entry
- Last date of submission of the write-up: December 26, 2021
- Result will be announced within 15 days from the submission deadline.
- First Prize: Rs. 3,000/-
- Second Prize: Rs. 2,000/-
- Third Prize: Rs. 1,000/-
- E-Certificates shall be given to all the participants.