The Institute is located on NH-1, G.T. Road Panipat, just 50 minutes run from Delhi. The institute was granted affiliation by Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra in 2007 and affiliation has been approved by Bar Council of India. Geeta Institute of law is one of the prestigious Law Institute having honored as being the best 27th law college in India by Outlook India Ranking. We are proud of having entered into Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with Common Law Admission Test for using CLAT score for admission in Geeta Institute of Law. The method of teaching in GIL includes Lecture-Discussion, Case Law Analysis, Moot Court Competitions, Training, Project Assignments, Court Visits and Legal Aid Programmes. The Internship and Placement cell of GIL works throughout the year and provides structured interface in building relationships and networking with legal professionals from the industry.
ABOUT CENTRE FOR SOUTH ASIAN LEGAL STUDIES
The study of law cannot be undertaken in an isolated room. The issues and problems with which today’s societies are conflicting have to be taken into consideration when we step into the realm of law. The Centre for South Asian Legal Studies is therefore committed to examine and analyse these issues of utmost relevance while having a comparative approach with the jurisdictions of South Asian Region. The problems of South Asia are common in many disciplines and also in many facets of social, legal and political life.
ABOUT INTERNATIONAL SEMINAR
The minorities based on different characteristics have always been a subject to many kinds of atrocities around the world. Similarly, no region can claim to be free from some sort of discriminatory practices against the minorities. The international seminar under the Centre for South Asian Legal Studies will focus on one of such communities which has become vulnerable in South Asian Region. The religious minorities in South Asia have become a focal point of deliberations for their rights are being violated in an extremely unfair manner. People belonging to religious minorities have largely become the target of mob attacks, and persecution by the majoritarian sections of such communities. The state and the constitutional machinery seem to be failed to protect the rights of people therefore defying the very fabric of rule of rule.
Theme of International Seminar
Crimes Against Religious Minorities in South Asia: Access to Criminal Justice System and the Rule of Law
- Socially Ingrained Discrimination against Religious Minorities of South Asia and the Law
- Crimes against Religious Minorities and the Limitation of Criminal Justice System
- Religious Minorities’ access to Criminal Justice System& International Law
- Crime and Religion in South Asia: The Constitution and Rule of Law
- State, Crime and Religion: A South Asian Perspective
- Role of Society vis-à-vis Crimes against Religious Minorities in South Asia
- Crime and Religion in South Asia: A Human Rights Approach
- Religious Crimes in South Asia: Scope for the Legal Pluralism
- Idea of the “Welfare State” and the Role of South Asian Countries
- Alternative Practices to Combat Religious Crimes against Minorities in South Asia
- Technology and Religion: Legal Measures in South Asia
Note: The above-mentioned sub-themes are not exhaustive. The author can select any other sub-theme which is related to the main theme.
Abstract: The abstract should not exceed 250 words and must be accompanied by a cover page stating the following: –
- Sub-theme of the paper
- Title of the Paper
- Name of the author(s)
- E-mail address
- Postal address and Contact Number
- The abstract must be emailed to [email protected] with the subject as “SUBMISSION OF ABSTRACT FOR INTERNATIONAL SEMINAR” on or before 25thJanuary 2022.
Full Research Paper: The following guidelines should be followed:
- The paper should have a minimum of 4000 (exclusive of footnotes) & maximum of 6000 words (exclusive of footnotes).
- There can be only an author and one co-author. Inclusion of more than one co-author will result in automatic disqualification.
- The main text should be in Times New Roman with font size 12 and 1.5 line spacing.
- The footnotes should be in Times New Roman, font size 10 with single line spacing.
- One-inch margins on all sides should be maintained.
- Citation style: ILI rules of footnoting should be adhered to.
- All correspondence must be sent to email: [email protected]
The full paper must be emailed to [email protected] with the subject as “SUBMISSION OF FULL PAPER FOR INTERNATIONAL SEMINAR” on or before 10thFebruary 2022.
Note: All submissions must be the author’s original and unpublished work. Any amount of Plagiarism will attract immediate disqualification.
Mode of Presentation
Indian participants shall be required to participate and present their papers in person.
For participants from outside India, the mode of the presentation shall be online: through Zoom or Google Meet.
Note:- Mode of Presentation: International Seminar will be conducted in Hybrid (online/offline) Mode.
|Submission of Abstract
|Confirmation of Abstract
|Submission of Full Paper
|Last date of Payment of Fees&Registration
|26thMarch 2022 (Saturday)
Important Note: The above-mentioned dates shall be strictly followed.
For Indian Participants:
|Academicians and Professionals
For Participants from Maldives:
|Academicians and Professionals
For Participants from other countries:
|Academicians and Professionals
- Registration fee includes seminar kit, tea and lunch.
- All the delegates are requested to bring one hard copy of the original Full Paper and ID Proof along with them.
In case of co-authorship, both the participants have to pay ®ister separately.While filling the Google form, participants will be required to upload the screenshot or receipt of the payment so made, therefore the participants are first required to pay the registration fee and then register.Registration can be done by filling the following Google form latest by 20thFebruary 2022:
Payment can be made through RTGS/NEFTor by using various online channels such as Paytm, Google pay etc. The following are the bank details:
- Bank/Branch Name: HDFC Bank, Samalkha, Panipat
- Account Holder Name: Geeta Institute of Law
- Account Number: 13251450000062
- IFSC Code: HDFC0001325
- For International Payments, in place of IFSC Code, use SWIFT CODE: HDFCINBB
Note: Kindly take the screenshot or receipt of payment to upload in the Google form while registration. Registration fee is not refundable.
Accommodation facility will not be provided to the participants. However, the Institution will provide the contact number of nearby hotels and guest houses.
Certificates of Excellence and Best Presentation
Five best papers will be awarded with the “Certificate of ResearchExcellence”.
Five best paper presenters will be awarded with the “Certificate of Best Presentation”.
Publication of Best Papers
Five best papers will be published in Volume 11, Issue 1 of the Journal of Global Research & Analysis (JGRA) with ISSN No.: 2278-6775,bi-annually published by Geeta Institute of Law, Panipat, Delhi-NCR.
For any query regarding the international seminar, contact at:
Email: [email protected]
Contact No.: +91-7082299892