Call for Applications
The Chair on Consumer Law is organising the 3rd edition of Online Certificate Course on
Consumer Law and Practice under the aegis of Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution, Government of India from August 22-23, 2022. The Course is planned to deliberate upon the new developments in the field of Consumer Law including the new Consumer Protection Act, 2019, enforcement experience especially the working of the consumer regulator i.e. Central Consumer Protection Authority (CCPA), provisions related to product liability, mediation and several other mechanisms provided under the new law which appear promising for protection of consumer interests, challenges arising out of new age economy. The role of other laws and regulatory bodies like FSSAI, CCI, TRAI, SEBI, IRDAI etc. in protecting consumer interests is also needed to be understood. It is critical to have a synergy between consumer law education and its actual application in consumer fora.
Tentative Themes to be Covered during the Certificate Course:
● Salient Features of the Consumer Protection Act, 2019
● Role and Working of CCPA
● Role of Mediation in Redressal Mechanism: Case Studies
● Consumer Protection under Sectoral Laws
● Health Care Sector & Consumer Protection: New Developments
● Food Safety Law & Consumer Protection
● Insurance Sector & Consumer Protection
● Landmark Decisions: Case Studies
● New Age Challenges: Issues & Concerns
● Consumer Protection under Competition Law
● Emerging Global Trends
● Consumer Law: Practice and Procedure
● Consumer Protection: Way Forward
Duration of the Programme:
02 Days (August 22-23, 2022)
Who can attend:
PG/ Graduate/ Under Graduate Students; Consumer Rights Activists/ NGOs/ VCOs
Award of Certificates:
The certificate will be awarded by Chair on Consumer Law, NLUD to all the candidates upon successful completion of the course.
Rs 2000 (Rupees Two Thousand Only) (Non-Refundable)
To apply for the programme, please – make the payment on this Link and then fill the google form on this Link.
P.S.- the screenshot of the payment made is to be uploaded in the above google form.
Registration on “first come first served” basis
In case of any queries, please contact:
Shashwat Shukla (Mob.: 6388601453)
Yogita Singh: (Mob: 9350846055)