About National Law University, Jodhpur
National Law University, Jodhpur is an institution of national prominence established under the National Law University, Jodhpur Act, 1999 by Rajasthan State Legislation. The University is established for the advancement of learning, teaching, research and diffusion of knowledge in the field of law.
About Journal on Corporate Law & Governance
The Centre for Corporate Governance is a research hub under the rubrics of National Law University, Jodhpur, dedicated to research and development of governance standards for the corporate world. To promote holistic research on areas covered within the broad ambit of corporate law, the Centre came out with a bi-annual publication in 2008, known as Journal on Governance (also known as ‘Journal on Corporate Law and Governance).
The broad theme of the Journal for Volume V Issue II is “Changing dynamics of Corporate Law & Governance: Steering towards Transparency & Accountability in the Indian scenario.”
The sub-themes for this issue are as follows:
- Addressing the corporate governance concerns in the Indian Start-up Culture: A look back on Zilingo & Bharat Pe cases.
- Reimagining the contours of corporate governance through RPT Regime in light of the recent amendment to the SEBI Listing Regulation.
- Role of IFSC in the Indian SPAC Dream: Dealing with corporate governance challenges in the Indian context.
- Lock-in period of Anchor Investors and its effect on Retail Individual Investors (RII) amid the great Indian IPO rush.
- Devas Antrix Case and ‘fraud’ as a ground for winding up the corporation: Did the Supreme Court open a pandora’s box?
- The aftermath of the NSE co-location scam: A wake-up call for corporate governance.
- Analyzing the problem of poor corporate governance in Public Sector Undertaking/Banks.
- Analysis of the recent Corporate Greenhouse Gas Disclosure Norms: Lessons for the Indian corporate governance regime.
- Corporate governance in modern times: Can utilization of technology help achieve stronger corporate governance in corporations?
Please note that the list of sub-themes is merely suggestive and non-exhaustive in nature. The authors can choose to submit manuscripts on other relevant and contemporary topics.
The Journal invites academicians, practitioners, and students of law pursuing their LL.B. (Hons.)/LL.B./LL.M. from any recognized university to submit their entries.
Please note that the submissions must conform to the following requirements:
- The author(s) may contribute to the Journal in the form of Articles, Notes, Comments, and Case Analysis.
- The acceptable length of Articles is >4500 words, and of Notes, Comments & Case Analysis is between 3000-4500 words, including footnotes.
- All submissions must include an abstract of not more than 300 words, explaining the main idea, the objective of the article, and the conclusions drawn from it.
- Each submission may have a maximum of two authors.
- The manuscript should be on A4-sized paper, in Garamond, font size 12, 1.15 line Spacing, justified and 1-inch margins on each side. Footnotes should be in Garamond, font size 10, and with single line spacing.
- The Authors must conform to the Bluebook (20th edition) Uniform System of Citation. Please refer to the guide to Bluebook (20th edition) here.
- The Manuscript should not contain any identification of the author/s, which shall be a ground for rejection of the submission. Authors should provide their contact details, designation, institutional affiliation and address in the covering letter for the submission.
- The submission must be the original work of the authors. Any form of plagiarism will lead to direct rejection.
- The relevant sources should be duly acknowledged as footnotes. The decision of the Editorial Board in this regard shall be final.
How to Submit?
- Authors are requested to send an electronic version of their manuscripts .doc or .docx format to [email protected] with the subject as “Submission- [Name of Author] –Volume V Issue 2.”
- The document name must be in the following format “[Name of Authors(s)] – [Title of submission].”
- The e-mail must contain a covering letter providing the contact details, designation, institutional affiliation and address of the authors.
- Manuscripts shall be assessed through a three-stage Blind Review Procedure. Reviewers shall not be informed of the author’s name, university, year in college, or any other personal information.
- The Journal publishes only original and unpublished material. Manuscripts must therefore not, at any time during the period of consideration by the Journal, be considered for publication in any other place, nor published beforehand.
- The author must inform the Journal if he/she has submitted the manuscript to other platforms prior to its acceptance for publication in the Journal. The author must withdraw his/her submission accordingly.
- JCLG is committed to open access for academic work. All the articles published in the JCLG are freely accessible immediately from the date of publication. The Journal doesn’t charge the authors any fee or charge prior to publication, and no charge for any reader for accessing and downloading the articles for their own personal use.
The deadline for receipt of submissions is Aug 15, 2022.