Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is committed to being the best global kitchen and laundry company, in constant pursuit of improving life at home. In an increasingly digital world, the company is driving purposeful innovation to meet the evolving needs of consumers through its iconic brand portfolio, including Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, JennAir, Indesit and Yummly. In 2021, the company reported approximately $22 billion in annual sales, 69,000 employees and 54 manufacturing and technology research centers.
Whirlpool Corporation is consistently recognized by FORTUNE as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies. Our values are the driving force behind everything we do. Integrity, Respect, Inclusion & Diversity, One Whirlpool, and Spirit of Winning propel our teams to excellence. Get to know us and see what it’s like to be part of a company that is in constant pursuit of improving life at home.
The team you will be a part of
The Legal General team performs a variety of legal activities in accordance with the established standards of the legal profession to protect the organization’s reputation and business interests and help ensure it complies with all relevant laws and regulations. Prepares legal contracts, letters of agreement, and other documents related to a variety of trade, commercial, financial, and operational matters (e.g., loans, leases, purchase agreements, acquisitions, divestitures, employment contracts). Represents the organization in legal proceedings before courts, government agencies, or other authorities.
This Role In Summary
Person will be responsible for the effective and efficient management of designated areas of work, provide relevant, responsible and implementable legal advice and for ensuring effective management of legal and contractual risks.
Your Responsibilities Will Include
- Handle all disputes aided by external counsel, particularly with regard to Recovery Suits, Complaints under Section 138 of the Negotiable Instruments Act, Consumer Forum matters, trading disputes and other corporate litigations (except IPR Litigations)
- lead and execute criminal litigations, deal with Government bodies in this context and ensure least business disruption.
- Effective dealing with external lawyers to reduce litigation spends and tracking of the same.
- Effectively utilize the Litigation Tool to monitor and strengthen litigation strategy of the Company. Regular updates to management on critical litigations.
- Advice business to ensure and monitor complete legal compliances of various legislations specifically including Legal Metrology Act, Licensing requirements & registrations; Factory & Labour laws, Provident Fund, Gratuity, Bonus Act and other employment legislation, etc.
- Evaluation of upcoming legal statutes, rules and regulation and sensitizing Management on risk/ opportunities. Prompt notification to business on change/ introduction of statutes and also monitor steps /actions required for implementation of the same.
- Responsible for leading Waste Management regulatory advisory:
- – Obtain Authorization/Licenses in place for E-waste, plastic waste and Star Holder certificate
- In-depth knowledge of regulatory laws especially factory laws, pollution laws, legal metrology & labor laws.
- Knowledge of legal aspects and practical functioning of FMCG companies
Preferred Skills And Experiences
- Good interpersonal skills to work alongside cross functional teams
- Strong communication skills and a demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment.