Institute of Objective Studies is going to organise a two-day offline/online Conference on “Inter-religious Understanding and Programming for Sustainable Goals of Equality and Fraternity” in collaboration with Deptt. of Religious Studies, Punjabi University, Patiala, on October 10-11, 2022.
Themes for Deliberations:
The themes suggested for writing papers are given below:
- Peace in the context of Religions
- Religion and Peaceful living
- Islam and peaceful behaviour
- Ahinsaand Sustainable Goals of Equality and Fraternity
- Gandhi and Non-Violence
- Buddhist traditions of Equality and Fraternity
- Samvad and its Indian ethos
- Equality and Fraternity and Indian Constitution.
- Religion and social justice
- Sikhism and ideals of Equality and Fraternity
- Vivekananda on religious diversity
- Equality and Fraternity and Sufi ethos of India
- Sangat Pangat and human welfare.
- The concept of langar and idea of human equality
- Dialogue for social change and inclusiveness
- Humanising dimensions of religion and sustainable development!
- Bhakti Movement and Religious harmony
- Sikhism and its legacy of peaceful co-existence
- The Islamic ideals of equality and fraternity
- Indian Constitutional and safeguards for minorities
- Peace for preserving progress and justice
- Gender and religious goals of social mobility
- Legal safeguards for promoting a welfare society.
Any other theme relevant to the Conference.
Please note the important deadlines below and send us your abstracts not exceeding 300 words. After receiving the confirmation email from the Institute regarding selected abstract, you are requested to send us the full paper, which should be around 5000-6000 words.
Last date for receipt of abstracts (in PDF& doc file): Sept. 10, 2022
Notification of selected abstracts through email: Sept. 15, 2022
Last date of receipt of full paper (in PDF and doc. file): Oct. 05, 2022
Register & Submit abstracts at: https://forms.gle/2tqrufgkkqswUTwy9
For more details, click here