About the People’s Union for Civil Liberties, Jharkhand (PUCL)
PUCL is the membership-based one of the largest human rights organizations in the country, striving to defend the civil liberties and human rights of all members of society. The PUCL does not simply react, but also – increases consciousness about human rights and civil liberties. It:
- provides a platform for all groups to come together to further the cause of human rights
- intervenes directly in cases where gross violations of human rights take place
- organises seminars, Lectures, etc., to focus attention on the problems concerning its area of work
- raised voice against various oppression laws and retrograde amendments to the Constitution
PUCL, Jharkhand is the state unit of PUCL working on human rights issues in the state. The organization regularly takes up issues of custodial deaths, police atrocities, gender violence and tribal rights and seeks to provide a remedy for the victims by pursuing their cases with the authorities and courts.
About the Internship Opportunity
People’s Union for Civil Liberties, Jharkhand (PUCL) is inviting online applications for its internship program (online/offline) for a period of 4 weeks.
Students in their 3rd year or above enrolled in a five-year program or students in their 2nd year and above enrolled in a three-year program.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Research work on ongoing court cases related to tribal and land rights, custodial deaths, and police atrocities & other human rights violations.
- Assisting the fact-finding team & preparing reports.
- Preparing RTI applications.
- Assisting in ongoing PILs.
Number of Interns
Up to 5 interns at a time.
Ranchi in case applying for an offline internship. Or else online internships are also invited.
Hence, students can opt for online or offline internship.
4 weeks, which can be extended as per the work and consent of the applicant
It’s an unpaid internship. The interns will be provided with a certificate of appreciation after completion of the internship.
Interested students can send their resumes along with a cover letter in 300 words or less, explaining their interest in the internship.
Send your resume and cover letter to [email protected].