About Delhi High Court
In 1882, the High Court of Judicature at Lahore was established with jurisdiction over the provinces of Punjab and Delhi. This jurisdiction lasted until 1947 when India was partitioned.
The High Courts (Punjab) Order, 1947 established a new High Court for the province of East Punjab with effect from 15 August 1947. The India (Adaptation of Existing Indian Laws) Order, 1947 provided that any reference in existing Indian law to the High Court of Judicature at Lahore be replaced by a reference to the High Court of East Punjab.
The High Court of East Punjab started functioning from Shimla in a building called “Peterhoff”. This building burnt down in January 1981.
About the Internship Opportunity
Internship positions are available at the Office of a Sitting Judge at the Delhi High Court.
Students in 2nd year and onwards of Three years’ law course or 4th year and onwards of Five Years’ Integrated Course.
1 month (on rolling basis from October onwards).
Applications may be sent with CV and a brief SOP at [email protected]. The body of the e-mail must include your preferred month of internship.