GitLab is a complete DevOps platform, delivered as a single application, fundamentally changing the way Development, Security, and Ops teams collaborate and build software. From idea to production, GitLab helps teams improve cycle time from weeks to minutes, reduce development costs and time to market while increasing developer productivity.
About the Job
The GitLab DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 1,800+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute. GitLab is inviting applications for Paralegal ( Employment)
Eligibility and Experience
- 5+ years paralegal experience at a law firm, in-house legal department, or a combination of both; experience at or supporting a multinational public company preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication and organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to adapt and willingness to work on a variety of matters.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist Employment team with variety of employment compliance matters such as review and update of employment policies.
- Serve as point of contact for employment-related data subject access requests and work with Privacy team as needed with respect to employment privacy issues.
- Provide support to the Director of Legal, Employment and Employment Counsel on employment litigation, claims, and other related matters, including, but not limited to, coordinating with outside firms as needed, coordinating litigation hold response, assisting with investigation, responding to claim/litigation requests, preparing case documentation, and conducting research.
- Prepare litigation summaries.
- Draft correspondence and legal documents.
- Draft responses to government agencies.
- Review and manage service of process and responses to garnishments, subpoenas, and other legal notices; including collecting and analyzing responsive information.
- Manage global employment-related projects as assigned.
- Conduct research and monitor employment law developments.
- Manage the Legal Issue tracker and triage issues received internally and externally.
- Assist Director of Legal, Employment and Employment Counsel in interfacing with global People team and network of international outside counsel regarding employment law queries and escalations.
- Project manage employment aspects of strategic legal projects with other legal professionals and internal stakeholders.
- Participate in management of global employment templates and forms.
- Participate in development and review of employment-related training programs.
- Conduct research as required.
- Assist on other projects as needed.
- Excellent technical skills, including G-Suite applications and Slack.
- Exceptional level of accuracy, superb attention to detail and excellent proofreading skills.
- Self-starter who has exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Collaborative team-player with a sense of humor who is intellectually curious, capable of learning on the job, and developing new approaches when there are no precedents.
- Experience using GitLab a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- A shared interest in our values , and working in accordance with those values
For Colorado residents: The base salary range for this role’s listed level is currently $61,600 – $92,400 for Colorado residents only. Grade level and salary ranges are determined through interviews and a review of education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities of the applicant, equity with other team members, and alignment with market data. See more information on our benefits and equity . Sales roles are also eligible for incentive pay targeted at up to 100% of the offered base salary. Disclosure as required by the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, C.R.S.
- 8-5-101 et seq.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.