The Centre for Environmental Law Education, Research and Advocacy (CEERA) established in 1997 is a research centre that focuses on research and policy advocacy in the field of environmental law. Building an environmental law database, effectively networking among all stakeholders, undertaking training and capacity development exercises, providing consultancy services and building an environmental law community are CEERA’s main objectives. It enjoys the support of the Ministry of Environment Forest and Climate Change, other Ministries, international organisations, the Bar and the Bench in India.
The Annual International Conference on ‘Environmental Law, Policy, and Practice is organized by CEERA, NLSIU, Bengaluru to embark upon the journey to celebrate World Environment Day through the intricate and concerted action of intellectually stimulating and socially relevant discourse on identified themes and the event would seek to deliberate on the pressing issues that concern the environment, delving into the comparative legal framework on environmental protection, the interface between environment and businesses, activities that foster development, Energy Security, Climate Change and Biodiversity Protection while taking into consideration the development of international framework vis-à-vis national issues and concerns pertaining to the environment.
What Are The Details Of The Conference?
- Theme: Environmental Law, Policy, And Practice
- Date of the event: 5th-7th June 2023
- Mode: Hybrid mode
- Venue (for offline mode): Training Centre, National Law School of India University, Nagarbhavi, Karnataka, India, Bengaluru – 560072.
- Lawyers, Legal Professionals, Policy Makers, and Green Advocates.
- Academicians, Students, and Research Scholars from the disciplines of Law, Environmental Sciences, Management and Ethics, Environmental Engineering, or Environmental Health.
- Regulatory agencies, Officers from Pollution Control Board, Forest, Wildlife, and Biodiversity Authority.
- Industry professionals, EHS managers, Compliance Personnel, Environmental Auditors, and Engineers.
- Last date of registration: 26th April 2023
- Last date of abstract submission: 26th April 2023. All Abstracts are to be sent via e-mail to [email protected] with the subject line “Three-day International Conference”.
- Submission of Full-length Essay and Articles: 1st July 2023
- Registration form: CLICK HERE to fill the registration form. Registration is invited in the form of (i) Delegate Participant (access to all Plenary Sessions and Paper presentation sessions) and (ii) Author/Co-Author (access to all Plenary Sessions and opportunity for presentation of essays/articles).
- Registration fee: For an Individual- INR. 5,000/- non-residential fee (Rupees Five Thousand only) for each Delegate Participant or Author/Co-Author and for Undergraduate Students, the registration fee is INR 3,000/ non-residential fee [Rupees three thousand only] per participant or Author/Co-Author.
- Payment Method:
- The Theme, Sub-Themes & Submission Guidelines
Theme & Sub-Themes:
1. Health, Energy, and Climate Change
- Impact of Climate Change on Vulnerable Communities.
- Human action, Health, Climate, and Environmental Change.
- Climate Negotiation, Clean Energy, and Energy Conservation.
- Innovation in Cleaner Technology and green energy.
- Energy Security and Legal Framework on Renewable Energy.
2. Businesses, Biodiversity Conversation and Protection
- Sustainability in doing Business: Over-exploitation of Environment
- Land Use, Bio-diversity Loss and Impact on the Ecosystem
- Biological Diversity Protection and principles of access and benefit sharing: Issues and Challenges
- Food security and Biodiversity Conservation
- Indigenous practices in the conservation of Biodiversity
3. Environmental Crimes, Forest Resource Management, and Wildlife
- Dilution of Mens Rea in Environmental Crimes
- Environmental Courts and Access to justice
- Encroachment into the wild: Tribals, natural habitat, eco-tourism, and poaching
- Indigenous Communities and Right to free, prior, and informed consent for access to
4. Abatement of Disaster Management and Pollution
- Challenges to implementation of hazardous waste management
- Prosecution of Crimes under Pollution Control Laws
- Contemporary perspective on Waste Governance – Laws, Regulations, and Policies.
- Industrial Accidents, Environmental Safeguards, and Pinning of Liability
- Participants may register for the conference as an Author or Delegates/Observers.
- Abstracts of not more than 500 words (excluding keywords), on the above-mentioned themes, are invited, and submitted as Word (.doc/.docx) documents, with a cover letter containing the name, e-mail id, and designation of the author(s).
- All abstracts shall contain between 4-5 keywords.
- There shall be a maximum of only two Authors for each Article/ Essay, and all participants are permitted to enjoin as co-author to a maximum of one Article/ Essay only.
- Potential contributors are required to adhere to a uniform mode of citation (21st edition of The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation).
- Submissions accepted: Essays: 2000 – 4000 words (exclusive of footnotes); Articles: 3000 – 6000 words (exclusive of footnotes)
- Authors may be expected to revise their abstracts and full essay/article submission based on reviews and comments received from the organizing team.
- After peer review, ONLY shortlisted articles and essays will be published in the Journal on Environmental Law, Policy and Development, (JELPD) listed under UGC CARE with ISSN (O) 2348-7046.
For More Information:
CLICK HERE For The Brochure
CLICK HERE To Visit The Website Of CEERA, NLSIU, Bengaluru