NITI Aayog or the National Institution for Transforming India is a policy think tank of the Indian government which provides inputs regarding the different programmes and policies of the government. This institution was formed in the year 2015 through a resolution of the Union cabinet. NITI Aayog is developing itself as a state-of-the-art resource centre with the necessary knowledge and skills that will enable it to act with speed, promote research and innovation, provide strategic policy vision for the government, and deal with contingent issues. It is supported by an attached office, Development Monitoring and Evaluation Organisation (DMEO), a flagship initiative, Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) and an autonomous body, National Institute of Labour Economics Research and Development (NILERD).
Undergraduate/postgraduate students or research scholars enrolled in recognized universities/institutions in India and abroad can apply for the NITI Aayog Internship Scheme. They will work closely with NITI’s verticals/ divisions/ cells. Applicants will have to apply online by filling up the registration form.
What Are The Details Of The Opportunity?
- Objective: To engage students pursuing Under Graduate / Graduate / Post Graduate Degrees or are Research Scholars enrolled in recognized University/Institution within India or abroad, as “interns”. These ‘interns” shall be given exposure to various Verticals/ Divisions/Units within NITI Aayog and would be expected to supplement the process of analysis within NITI Aayog through empirical collection and collation of in-house and other information. For the ” Interns” the exposure to the functioning of the Indian Government may be an add-on in furthering their future interests.
- Stiped: The internship will be on unpaid basis
- When to apply: During 1st (00:00 hrs) to 10th (23:59 hrs) of every month on online mode
- Period of Internship: It shall be at least six weeks but not exceeding six months. Interns not completing the requisite period will not be issued any certificate.
- Eligibility: Bonafide students of any recognized University/ Institution within India or abroad, fulfilling following conditions are eligible to apply for the internship:
- Under-graduate students, having completed/appeared in the term end exams of second year/ 4th, semester of the bachelor degree course and secured not less than 85% or equivalent marks in 12th class.
- Graduate students having completed/ appeared in the term end exams of first year/2nd semester of their post graduate programme or perusing research/PhD and secured not less than 70% or equivalent marks in Graduation.
- The students who have appeared in the final exam or just completed Graduation/PG and waiting for admission for higher studies may also be considered for internship provided that They have secured 70% or more cumulative marks in all the years/ semesters of their graduation/ post-graduation till the date of application.
- The period between the month of declaration of result of final exam and the desired month of internship should not exceed six months e.g. if the result is declared in the month of June then he/she can apply for the internship beginning till the month of December.
- Experience Certificate: A certificate regarding successful completion of internship shall be issued by the Adviser of the concerned Subject Division
What Are The Important Instructions Related To The Application Process?
- An applicant is eligible to apply for the internship only if you fulfil the eligibility criteria mentioned in the guidelines given in the end of this post.
- Internship application will be accepted ONLINE only during 1st (00:00 hrs) to 10th (23:59 hrs) of every month. No other mode of application will be accepted.
- Applicant is advised to check the details before submission. No correspondence regarding change of details will be entertained.
- Applicant should note Registration Number after submitting the application form for future reference.
- NITI Aayog does not assume any responsibility if applicant is not being able to submit your application on account of technical reasons or any other reason beyond the control of NITI Aayog.
- Applicant need not send the printout of ONLINE application or any other supporting documents.
- In case of any web related issues, contact at [email protected]
- CLICK HERE to fill the Application Form (during 1st (00:00 hrs) to 10th (23:59 hrs) of every month).
- CLICK HERE for the detailed Instructions to fill the Online Application Form
- CLICK HERE to Track the Application Form
For More Information:
CLICK HERE For NITI Internship Scheme, Guidelines
CLICK HERE To Visit The Website Of NITI Aayog